Evidence for LCWRA - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Evidence for LCWRA

Options
2»

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's odd because usually they send reminders on your journal when a fit note is due to end to ask you to provide another.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • shelby20
    shelby20 Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Options
    shelby20 said:
    @shelby20 thank you for that information. This means your waiting period will be as follows..

Sept/Oct, Oct/Nov, Nov/Dec.. LCWRA starts from 7th Dec to 6th Jan and first payment will be 13th Jan. No LCWRA element is owed.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you provided your first fit note and you didn't previously have the work allowance then you will be owed some money from that.

Please note, my advice assumes you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.
    From what I know there was a fit not from 31st of August to the 18th of September then the next one was in October sometime around I'd say the 7-18 it's big gap but without looking I'm not one hundred percent sure on the date. But according to a gov site if its between assessments they go of the one that was a full assesemnt period?

You can check back on your journal to see the exact dates you provided the fit notes. The waiting period is 3 full assessment periods, so if you report a health condition/ provide a fit note part way through an assessment period then that month doesn't count.

In your situation because there's a gap potentially of a few weeks then your first payment maybe later than i advised. You are supposed to provide fit notes without any gaps until a decision is made on your claim. Gaps can affect when the extra money is paid from.
    Fit note dates was 19th of October to the 18th of November before that it was the 31st of August until around 18th of September. I'm being told that I sent a fit not in on December nineteenth when in my journal there is no evidence of a fit note I was awarded November 30th after my assesemnt November 24th.

I've been told I won't receive a payment till May?

Am I wrong or are they incorrect?
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,397 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    If you're saying there was a gap betwen 18th September to 19th October and another gap from 19th Novemeber until a decision was made on 30th Novemeber,  then yes that can affect when the extra money is paid from because there should be no gaps until a decision was made.

For this reason they may start the waiting period from the assessment period in which the decision was made. If you receive payment on 13th of every month then your waiting period could be Nov to Feb.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 7th Feb to 6th March and first payment maybe 13th March. It's difficult to advise because of the gaps and it will be down to a decision maker to make the final decision.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.