Disabled Dating Sites - Page 3 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Disabled Dating Sites

Options
13»

Comments

• csno01
    csno01 Community member Posts: 390 Pioneering
    edited April 2023
    Options
    Has anyone heard of a dating platform called Ablelove? I stumbled upon it via a google search and thought. I would register. 
    What disabled dateing platforms have other people to used please? 
  • Alex_Alumni
    Alex_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,562 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    I've not used one designed for disabled dating myself @csno01, and haven't heard of Ablelove before. I hope it's a positive experience for you! :) 
    Online Community Coordinator
    Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Splatmate24
    Splatmate24 Community member Posts: 380 Courageous
    Options
    @csno01 I have used the ablelove site but is wasn't good and has to pay to message people on and i just given up with disabled dating sites since most of them has paid wall on . the only one that didn't have a paid wall is disabled dating 4u but is limited message . i only had bit luck with app called badoo that i did meetup with one person .
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Red flags @Autism_at_40 :( but so positive you were able to recognise this, well done you! Do you want to talk about how you have not been feeling great recently?  <3
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • L_Volunteer
    L_Volunteer Community Volunteer Adviser, Scope Member Posts: 7,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hey @hotstuff. How are you?  :)
    Community Volunteer Adviser with professional knowledge of education, special educational needs and disabilities and EHCP's. Pronouns: She/her. 

Please note: if I use the online community outside of its hours of administration, I am doing so in a personal capacity only.
  • csno01
    Options
    @csno01 I have used the ablelove site but is wasn't good and has to pay to message people on and i just given up with disabled dating sites since most of them has paid wall on . the only one that didn't have a paid wall is disabled dating 4u but is limited message . i only had bit luck with app called badoo that i did meetup with one person .
    Thank you for the heads up @Splatmate24, I will bear this in mind. What are the dating platforms have you used? I have used plenty of fish in the past. Might give it another go. I am aware that there are other services such as bumble dating. Does anyone know if this one is any good?
  • Splatmate24
    Options
    @csno01 i try both disabled dating sites whisper was ok but was  very different to delete . has try dating sites that aim for learning disability did sent them email more then one love2meetu . try looking at Wigan dating sites that aim . doesn't be update . the mainstream dating apps that i try is Facebook dating was bit more successful did try bumble but wasn't successful and last one that i have try has be badoo . that has a good feature of turn on bump into someone . i has verified photo and a person sent a message is will be pending and will chat request you text or you don't text .disabled dating sites blocking doesn't work . i has try plenty of fish but just tons of rude men and people . badoo 

• L_Volunteer
    Options
    It doesn't sound like you have had the best of luck with these dating apps. Are there any that you have found to be better than the rest @Splatmate24:)

• Splatmate24
    Options
    @L_Volunteer none of disabled dating sites all just rubbish . mainstream dating app can be bit better but that is . i been using badoo at moment since is has the best feature and has found learning disability users on there more then i did on disabled dating sites .

• Autism_at_40
    Autism_at_40 Community member Posts: 724 Pioneering
    Options
    Red flags @Autism_at_40 :( but so positive you were able to recognise this, well done you! Do you want to talk about how you have not been feeling great recently?  <3
    Sorry for the delay, have really not been good lately.

I got talking to someone from Autistic Dating, but I've been feeling really misunderstood, unheard, misinterpreted etc etc by people lately and then he sent me a message that made me feel that way too.  I took my time to respond, making sure that I was being fair and honest without being horrible, but his response said I was being harsh, which I really don't feel like I was being.

I'm really struggling with people and feel like I would be better off just not talking to anyone anymore.  I've even considered coming off here too.

I just feel really bad at the moment and don't really see the point to life anymore.
  • Hannah_Alumni
    Hannah_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,912 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @Autism_at_40 It's amazing to read that you are putting yourself out there again! I'm glad you were able to voice your concerns to this guy and him replying horribly just cements you had the right gut feeling! 

Do you think you are struggling with wanting to chat to begin with or struggling in finding the right person to click with when chatting? To me, it sounds like you are putting yourself first and sticking by it <3
    Dating and making friends can be awkward online, there is always that interpretation from written word that makes you second guess. That's natural. Happens to me all the time. 

I can understand wanting a break from it all. Have you thought about joining any local groups? Do you think more in person interaction may help? 

Look out for an email from us :)<3 
    Hannah - She / Her

Online Community Coordinator @ Scope

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
    Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • Autism_at_40
    Options
    Thanks, I appreciate it.
    I find people to talk to, I've had long conversations, thought it was going really well, only to be ghosted!
    I've had others where they ghost me when I say I don't feel comfortable moving the conversation to over the phone.  
    I'm just sick of it to be honest.

I have to put myself first, as soon as I started to feel the dread set in, I knew it wasn't right and I had to say something.

I can't face meeting people in person, too much anxiety.  I think I've just had enough honestly.  Better off alone.
  • csno01
    Options
    Thank you for your response @Splatmate24. That was helpful.

It sounds as if neither of you or @Autism_at_40 had the best of luck with those platforms. Why is it so hard I wonder especially when we come with extras.
  • Autism_at_40
    Options
    csno01 said:
    Thank you for your response @Splatmate24. That was helpful.

It sounds as if neither of you or @Autism_at_40 had the best of luck with those platforms. Why is it so hard I wonder especially when we come with extras.
    It's funny because you'd think that the people who have 'added extras' as you put it 😁, would know how hurtful it is to ghost.

I've had people send me inappropriate messages and I've still replied and told them no thank you and why!

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.