Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
3 year old ripping clothes
Hi everyone, I’m new here. My 3 year old is undiagnosed but going through the process at the moment. I use zipped back jumpsuits for him at night time as likes to take his nappy off and play with his ‘winkle’. For a while these have been solving the problem, however last night he ripped two jumpsuits and took them off that way. I don’t think it’s a sensory issue as the jumpsuits are specifically designed to not cause irritation, no tags, soft fabric etc. He doesn’t communicate very well and can’t tell me what the problem is.
Does anyone have any ideas on how to either stop him ripping the clothes or any other suggestions on clothing to keep him away from his nappy? We do keep trying with potty training but he isn’t ready yet as he cannot communicate to tell me when he needs the toilet or even tell me when he needs his nappy changing yet.
- 50.4K All Categories
- 10K Start here and say hello!
- 4.3K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 137 Community updates
- 11.6K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 685 Work and employment
- 540 Education
- 1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 957 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 256 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 252 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.9K Talk about money
- 1.9K Benefits and financial support
- 4.3K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.7K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.1K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.8K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 615 Chronic pain and pain management
- 669 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 726 Autism and neurodiversity
- 874 Mental health and wellbeing
- 291 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.