How should I handle the PIP telephone assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How should I handle the PIP telephone assessment?

lindle
lindle Community member Posts: 14 Connected
Good Afternoon 

I have a very strange or maybe not question, I have my telephone PIP Assessment next Monday , and like all  of us that have to go through this procedure it is something that plays on our minds for weeks in advance and months afterwards

My question is how are we supposed to respond to them asking how we are , as clearly we cannot say fine , or something similar, otherwise why would be applying for PIP , maybe I am just overthinking everything.

How did everyone else answer the phone when they called 

Thank you all in advance 

Lindle 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    I would just say I am as well as I can be given my circumstances presuming they ask that question 
  • lindle
    Hi Janer1967
    thank you for responding 
    I think that sounds like a perfect response as you said if they even ask x 
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    @lindle Good luck and please let us know how you get on :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • lindle
    Thank you so much 
    I will do x 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,521 Disability Gamechanger
    About 7 days after you can request a copy of the assessors report which will give you and indication of the award, the DWP decision maker usually goes with the that but not always.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• lindle
    Good Evening Woodbine 
    Thank you so much for that information  
    Kind Regards
    Lindle 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

What makes you think you can't say you're fine? If you are on that day then you should say that. PIP isn't about how you are all of the time, it's how you are at least 50% of the time. Saying you're fine at that moment most certainly doesn't mean you're not entitled to PIP.

If you kept a copy of the form you filled in have a read of that before the assessment because part of it will be to verify what you wrote in the form, as well as any additional information they ask.

Please also be aware that they may not call you exactly to time, so you could be waiting a little while after the time given.

Good luck and i hope you get the decision that's right for you.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • lindle
    Hi Poppy123456

Thank you, it is a stressful process, without all this over thinking .

Kind Regards
    Lindle 
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    Good luck @lindle ?

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• lindle
    Hi LeeCal

Thank you so much ?

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.