Charities able to act as trustees of a discretionary trust? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Charities able to act as trustees of a discretionary trust?

Options
123Sarah
123Sarah Community member Posts: 4 Listener

Hello,

Does anyone know of any charities able to act as trustee for a disabled person? I am a lay trustee of a discretionary will trust and unfortunately need to step down for health reasons. The other trustees at present are solicitors which will get expensive I think. 

The main intended beneficiary of the trust is a deaf woman with moderate learning difficulties who is on the autism spectrum. However, she only self-identifies as deaf without speech. The main task is selling the current property held in trust and finding a smaller property to buy for my friend to live in. From Google I’ve only found that Mencap have a trust company, but wondered if you knew of smaller charities which provide this service, particularly as the beneficiary is resistant to the idea that she has learning difficulties. We are based in the East Midlands if you perhaps know of any local charities?

With thanks and best wishes,

Sarah

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.