Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Christmas

csno01csno01 Member Posts: 208 Pioneering
Hi Guys, 

i hope everyone is keeping well and getting ready for Christmas. What are your plans this year? I will be going to my Brothers to celebrate the festive season. 
CSno01

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,332 Disability Gamechanger
    Just staying home with my son as too many households together to go to mums like we usually do 

So will be very peaceful and relaxing for a change tbh dont know if I'm looking forward to it or not ? 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Listener
    We will be doing the same as we've done for years, we have my Uncle and his partner up for the Christmas Day meal and we go to them for Boxing Day meal at night.

• woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,819 Disability Gamechanger
    Last year we had our first Christmas at home without anyone coming for their Chrsitmas dinner in 39 years together, we had 2 friends round for drinks in the evening, then on the 27th we went to the daughters for a few days, this year its just the two of us again but sadly no visit to the daughters after Christmas so will miss seeing the grandson and playing with all his presents.
    We would go to the sales on boxing day but with no buses that will have to wait.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter, her partner and grandson are coming to my house Christmas morning and will be staying for Christmas dinner. First Christmas for my grandson so really looking forward to it.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,819 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter, her partner and grandson are coming to my house Christmas morning and will be staying for Christmas dinner. First Christmas for my grandson so really looking forward to it.
    Bet you can't wait for his first Christmas
  • csno01csno01 Member Posts: 208 Pioneering
    Thats great to hear that you all are making what you can of the Festive season this year. 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,127

Scope community team

I'll be spending it with my Dad and one of my brothers. Will be strange not to see my other brother, or my Mum afterwards like I usually do, but will be nice to see at least some of the family.

I hope you have a great time at your brother's @csno01! I'm sure that'll be fun. Will you just be relaxing, or is it a busy day with lots of things planned? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:

You're right, i can't! He's definitely been spoilt.
    Proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice I have given to members here on the community.
    woodbine said:

You're right, i can't! He's definitely been spoilt.
    that's what Grans were invented for  :)
  • AlisonNettyAlisonNetty Member Posts: 138 Pioneering
    It's just an usual day for me .. dont do anything special. Dinner for me and my cat.
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas. 
    edited December 2020
    I'll be spending it with my Dad and one of my brothers. Will be strange not to see my other brother, or my Mum afterwards like I usually do, but will be nice to see at least some of the family.

I hope you have a great time at your brother's @csno01! I'm sure that'll be fun. Will you just be relaxing, or is it a busy day with lots of things planned? 
    Hi Tori,
     We are all musical so There will no doubt be lots going on. 

Scope community team

Does your cat get a special dinner @AlisonNetty

She gets a Christmas dinner with me. 

Scope community team

How lovely @AlisonNetty :) 

How about a selection box? I had Dogs when I was growing up and the one broke into hers before my Mum had wrapped it. All she took were the chocolates lol. 
    She has loads of treats. 
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Listener
    csno01 said:
    How about a selection box? I had Dogs when I was growing up and the one broke into hers before my Mum had wrapped it. All she took were the chocolates lol. 
    You do of course know that the chocolate that humans eat can be deadly to dogs?

They have to have special doggy chocs.

csno01 said:
    You do of course know that the chocolate that humans eat can be deadly to dogs?

They have to have special doggy chocs.

Hi MrAllen1976,
    of course. 
    We made sure we gave our dogs doggy chocolates only. 
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,236

Scope community team

We've bought doggy wine for my sister's dogs this year :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    We've bought doggy wine for my sister's dogs this year :) 
    Thats brilliant Ross. What breed is your sisters dog? 
    I hope everyone had a good Christmas and you are enjoying / enjoyed the holiday season. I wish you all well for the New Year.

Scope community team

Best wishes for 2021 to you too @csno01 :) 

• GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 318 Pioneering
    hope everyone is having a nice Christmas break, wishing you all the very best for the new year
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @csno01 - hope you had a good Christmas too, & best wishes for a Happy New Year. :)
    Hi also @Grinchy - hope you & family all had a good Christmas too. Did your son manage to get back home? My best wishes to you all for a Happy New Year. :)
  • GrinchyGrinchy Member Posts: 318 Pioneering
    Hey @chiarieds yes we did thanks, my son came home, was lovely to see him, he has gone back to London now, we will miss him, but know he will do well 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,100 Disability Gamechanger
    Great you got to see your son, & good to hear from you @Grinchy - Happy New Year :)
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,895 Disability Gamechanger
    I had a better Xmas than expected  missed seeing all my grandchildren and my children though and my mum and my brother

We normsl book somewhere as there are do many of us I have 10 children 12 grandchildren  and two great grand children  ihad children young and my children did my  three eldest grand children are 22 all born the same year  I chested though I had two sets of twins 

I defied  what the doctors told me when they told me I had lupus I wouldn't have a successful pregnancy  lol spent most of the day facetimeing my family 

My community is realy good and I had a lovely Xmas  dinner brought  to I the door as a gift  and presents fom the community and my partner my family put money in my bank so I had fun shopping g on line Xmas day aswel  and my partner came to see me for a couple of  hours 

Glad you all had the best Xmas you could have  

Scope community team

It sounds like you managed to have a lovely day @lisathomas50 :) And it sounds like your family and community are a great support network for you, which is really fantastic! 

Sign in or join us to comment.