Christmas — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Christmas

csno01
csno01 Community member Posts: 387 Pioneering
Hi Guys, 

i hope everyone is keeping well and getting ready for Christmas. What are your plans this year? I will be going to my Brothers to celebrate the festive season. 
CSno01

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Just staying home with my son as too many households together to go to mums like we usually do 

So will be very peaceful and relaxing for a change tbh dont know if I'm looking forward to it or not ? 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    We will be doing the same as we've done for years, we have my Uncle and his partner up for the Christmas Day meal and we go to them for Boxing Day meal at night.

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Last year we had our first Christmas at home without anyone coming for their Chrsitmas dinner in 39 years together, we had 2 friends round for drinks in the evening, then on the 27th we went to the daughters for a few days, this year its just the two of us again but sadly no visit to the daughters after Christmas so will miss seeing the grandson and playing with all his presents.
    We would go to the sales on boxing day but with no buses that will have to wait.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    My daughter, her partner and grandson are coming to my house Christmas morning and will be staying for Christmas dinner. First Christmas for my grandson so really looking forward to it.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    My daughter, her partner and grandson are coming to my house Christmas morning and will be staying for Christmas dinner. First Christmas for my grandson so really looking forward to it.
    Bet you can't wait for his first Christmas

• csno01
    Thats great to hear that you all are making what you can of the Festive season this year. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'll be spending it with my Dad and one of my brothers. Will be strange not to see my other brother, or my Mum afterwards like I usually do, but will be nice to see at least some of the family.

I hope you have a great time at your brother's @csno01! I'm sure that'll be fun. Will you just be relaxing, or is it a busy day with lots of things planned? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,317 Disability Gamechanger
    woodbine said:

You're right, i can't! He's definitely been spoilt.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine said:

You're right, i can't! He's definitely been spoilt.
    that's what Grans were invented for  :)

• AlisonNetty
    AlisonNetty Community member Posts: 192 Pioneering
    It's just an usual day for me .. dont do anything special. Dinner for me and my cat.
    Hope everyone has a good Christmas. 
  • csno01
    edited December 2020
    I'll be spending it with my Dad and one of my brothers. Will be strange not to see my other brother, or my Mum afterwards like I usually do, but will be nice to see at least some of the family.

I hope you have a great time at your brother's @csno01! I'm sure that'll be fun. Will you just be relaxing, or is it a busy day with lots of things planned? 
    Hi Tori,
     We are all musical so There will no doubt be lots going on. 
  • Tori_Scope
    Does your cat get a special dinner @AlisonNetty

• AlisonNetty
    She gets a Christmas dinner with me. 
  • Tori_Scope
    How lovely @AlisonNetty :) 

• csno01
    How about a selection box? I had Dogs when I was growing up and the one broke into hers before my Mum had wrapped it. All she took were the chocolates lol. 
  • AlisonNetty
    She has loads of treats. 
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    csno01 said:
    How about a selection box? I had Dogs when I was growing up and the one broke into hers before my Mum had wrapped it. All she took were the chocolates lol. 
    You do of course know that the chocolate that humans eat can be deadly to dogs?

They have to have special doggy chocs.

• csno01
    csno01 said:
    You do of course know that the chocolate that humans eat can be deadly to dogs?

They have to have special doggy chocs.

Hi MrAllen1976,
    of course. 
    We made sure we gave our dogs doggy chocolates only. 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    We've bought doggy wine for my sister's dogs this year :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • csno01
    We've bought doggy wine for my sister's dogs this year :) 
    Thats brilliant Ross. What breed is your sisters dog? 

Brightness