Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Find out how to let us know.
ESA support group and LCWRA element
hi everyone, I was placed into the ESA support group in mid November after waiting 11 months for an assessment. I also recieve PIP. Both awarded with no problems. Could somebody tell me if UC should automatically add the LCWRA element to my claim alongside my personal allowance and housing benefit then the ESA amount is taken off my monthly UC statement. This morning I got my latest UC statement they haven’t added any LCWRA but have taken the £490 for ESA payments. I asked in my UC journal about this last week and they said they havent recieved any notifications about my ESA award but surely now they’re taking more ESA money from my UC it shows I’m in the Support Group and LCWRA element should be added. Any advice on what I should do please?
- 48.1K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.8K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 608 Work and employment
- 509 Education
- 926 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 903 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 236 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 1.9K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 573 Chronic pain and pain management
- 631 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 681 Autism and neurodiversity
- 814 Mental health and wellbeing
- 282 Sensory impairments
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.