ESA support group and LCWRA element - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

ESA support group and LCWRA element

Options
2»

Comments

• dan89
    dan89 Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    Hi guys another update. Still getting nowhere with Universal credit, just keep telling me to wait and wait. MP hasn’t responded to calls and emails. I really don’t know where to turn next. I just want the money I’m entitled to and it feels like UC don’t care one bit 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,002 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Have you asked UC to send the MPG1 form to ESA so that your details can be passed across to them? Also ring ESA to ask to speak to a decision maker and then ask them to send your details across to UC. Other than that i don't know what else you can do.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • dan89
    Options
    Hi Poppy

ive finally recieved a letter in my IC journal telling me they’ve added LCWRA element to my claim. However it doesn’t tell me when the payments start. Do you have any idea how long you have to wait for payments to start and get the backdated money I’m owed? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    That's great news! finally! To save me read through the whole of the thread again, when did you claim UC please? and when was the decision made to place you into the Support Group for your ESA claim?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • dan89
    Options
    I first went onto UC/ESA on 13th November 2019. I had sicknotes from then, until I was assessed in October 2020 and got my Support Group award on 15th November 2020 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    There's 3 month waiting period for UC and the LCWRA element is paid from the 4th month.
    Your AP waiting is as follows 13th Nov - 12th Dec 2019 1 month
    13 Dec - 12th Jan 2020 2 months
    13th Jan - 12th Feb 3 months
    13th Feb - 12 March 2020 LCWRA starts here so count back the amount of months from here until now.

Hope this helps.
  • dan89
    Options
    Thanks for all your help and advice Poppy. Just one more question. Will I get my money ASAP or will it be more weeks and weeks of waiting? 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    You're welcome. Once the LCWRA has been added backdated money is usually paid about a week later. They will put a letter on your journal.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.