Welcomes and introductions
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Hi, my name is mimi

I suffer from a rare condition called Erythromelalgia. I’m currently studying clinical psychology with a placement year at  university. I have two bunnies and I love to cook and watch films

Replies

• chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,896 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mimipaxton - & welcome to this great community. Are you enjoying your psychology course? I hope it is going well. When my children were young, we had a lovely dwarf lop eared rabbit called Flopsy; now I have a little cat called Shadow.
    Please have a look around the forum, & join in with the discussions, or visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where members talk about their pets, films, music, etc. & we play word games. :)
  • Butler356Butler356 Member, Community champion Posts: 37 Courageous
    Welcome to the community 
  • romlaromla Member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited December 2020
    Hey @mimipaxton
    I'm also new here, currently studying Politics and International Relations at uni. Cooking and watching films are also hobbies of mine. Though I tend to watch series more than films, a two hour commitment sounds like a lot to me even though I spend the same if not more time on tv shows! It doesn't make much sense.
    I have a cat at home called Mishka - who I really miss while I'm at my student house most of the year :blush:
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 7,369 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @mimipaxton and @romla glad you have joined 

I used to have 2 grey rabbits called spiderman and harry (my son named them ) but came home one day to find my ex had given them away I wasnt happy 

I like cooking too we have few threads about recipes 

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,210 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @mimipaxton :) It's great to have you here. 

We had a rabbit called Smudge when I was growing up, so I've loved rabbits for a while. One of our other members started a thread on pets recently, so please feel free to comment on that and share some bunny cuteness! 

Your degree sounds really interesting! Have you done your placement year already? I did a placement year during my degree, and I certainly learnt a lot. 

What's your favourite genre of film? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
  • chiariedschiarieds Community champion Posts: 6,896 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @romla - & welcome to the community to you also. I bet Mishka misses you too when you're not at home. As you can see we're also a pet-loving group of people. I also enjoy cooking, & watching films, as well as reading. :)
  • romlaromla Member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi @chiarieds and @janer1967 thank you for welcoming me on Mimi's post!
    Cats, and all pets, are such lovely companions. I'm lucky to have a neighbours cat regularly visit us often in our student house - that we have fondly nicknamed Colonel Mustard.
    It would be great to hear more about your bunnies, Mimi  :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,446 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @mimipaxton

Clinical psychology sounds fascinating!
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • lisathomas50lisathomas50 Member Posts: 3,065 Pioneering
    Welcome and hi 
Sign in or join us to comment.