Hi, my name is mimi — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is mimi

mimipaxton
mimipaxton Community member Posts: 1 Listener
I suffer from a rare condition called Erythromelalgia. I’m currently studying clinical psychology with a placement year at  university. I have two bunnies and I love to cook and watch films

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @mimipaxton - & welcome to this great community. Are you enjoying your psychology course? I hope it is going well. When my children were young, we had a lovely dwarf lop eared rabbit called Flopsy; now I have a little cat called Shadow.
    Please have a look around the forum, & join in with the discussions, or visit our virtual 'Coffee lounge,' where members talk about their pets, films, music, etc. & we play word games. :)
  • Butler356
    Butler356 Community member Posts: 40 Courageous
    Welcome to the community 
  • romla
    romla Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    edited December 2020
    Hey @mimipaxton
    I'm also new here, currently studying Politics and International Relations at uni. Cooking and watching films are also hobbies of mine. Though I tend to watch series more than films, a two hour commitment sounds like a lot to me even though I spend the same if not more time on tv shows! It doesn't make much sense.
    I have a cat at home called Mishka - who I really miss while I'm at my student house most of the year :blush:
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome @mimipaxton and @romla glad you have joined 

I used to have 2 grey rabbits called spiderman and harry (my son named them ) but came home one day to find my ex had given them away I wasnt happy 

I like cooking too we have few threads about recipes 

Look forward to seeing you around 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @mimipaxton :) It's great to have you here. 

We had a rabbit called Smudge when I was growing up, so I've loved rabbits for a while. One of our other members started a thread on pets recently, so please feel free to comment on that and share some bunny cuteness! 

Your degree sounds really interesting! Have you done your placement year already? I did a placement year during my degree, and I certainly learnt a lot. 

What's your favourite genre of film? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @romla - & welcome to the community to you also. I bet Mishka misses you too when you're not at home. As you can see we're also a pet-loving group of people. I also enjoy cooking, & watching films, as well as reading. :)
  • romla
    romla Community member Posts: 6 Listener
    Hi @chiarieds and @janer1967 thank you for welcoming me on Mimi's post!
    Cats, and all pets, are such lovely companions. I'm lucky to have a neighbours cat regularly visit us often in our student house - that we have fondly nicknamed Colonel Mustard.
    It would be great to hear more about your bunnies, Mimi  :)
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome @mimipaxton

Clinical psychology sounds fascinating!
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Welcome and hi 

Brightness