Universal Credit eligibility by non UK citizen + housing benefit - Page 4 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Universal Credit eligibility by non UK citizen + housing benefit

124»

Comments

• monsieur
    monsieur Community member Posts: 128 Pioneering
    Yeah i am not so depressed over that universal credit anymore... It's not much cash anyways...
    i am doing fine so far but still having trouble with having some pounds to buy new toothpaste soon huh...
    but i think somebody will send me some cash from poland next week so things should be ok
    And at least i know now that i can stay in this house and nobody will kick me out.

Few weeks ago i have met polish woman who lives in Sweden and she's got her own house and swedish citizenship... And she wanted me to come to her... She even bought me a ticket to get to Sweden!!!! First Amsterdam then Goteburg!!!

But i can't imagine amount of stress i'd have go through because of covid and lockdowns... I even did this covid test PCR with travel certificate and then one day later lockdown!!!!
    So you know **** i can't go i wasted my money for this test...
    also they wantedme to go back to Poland and then sweden but its all brainwash!!!!
    Living in UK is not that bad!!!! But people act like Poland or Sweden is the best!!!! England sucks!!!! **** no you suck not England!!!!
  • Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @monsieur I don't think we've spoke before, but its lovely to meet you.

Thank you for your kind words about England and I'm sorry to hear the lockdown stopped you from travelling to Poland.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for the vaccine roll-out going smoothly and then who knows what the future holds for you! 

Take care and please let us know if ever you need any help  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • monsieur
    haha i am glad i didn't go there!!!!! Poland is bad!!!! i am depressed there My faimly wanted me to go there they bought me a ticket glad i didnt go there!!! :)
  • monsieur
    i heard that vaccines are bad and change DNA but i don't know if it's true
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    Yeah, I have to visit my nan at the zoo now...
    Or maybe I'm talking unhelpful nonsense...
  • monsieur
    Yeah truth imagine how much cash vaccine company owners r making right now!!! millions pounds per hour!!!
  • Cher_Alumni
    monsieur said:
    i heard that vaccines are bad and change DNA but i don't know if it's true
    Hi @monsieur

The claim that covid vaccines will change a person's DNA is scientifically incorrect.  You can read this BBC article that explains why the rumour is untrue, and more about how vaccines safely work.  

Glad to hear you want to stay in England too  :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • monsieur
    edited January 2021
    Yeah i mean of course i do want stay in England :))) Other people try to make me go somewhere else, but can't succeed!!! My roommates and my support worker won't let me travel abroad haha!!
  • monsieur
    okay so yesterday my support worker told me that landlord said i have to move out next week because i am not eligible for universal credit... so thjey can't keep me in
    so i am goingt o live on the streets again
  • Cher_Alumni
    Hi @monsieur

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you about this.  Is the situation still the same?

If you think you remain at risk of being made homeless, I'd strongly urge you to contact Shelter's free helpline for advice asap.  They'll be able to speak more about your personal situation and what's best to do going forwards.  Please let us know how you are and I hope everything is going ok.

• monsieur
    Yeah, i am getting evicted on monday because i can't claim benefits so landlord can't claim my housing benefit
    I am gonna stay at my friends back in Warwick for some time... But i think i will have to leave this country in next few months... I have got a friend who's got house in Sweden in the woods, and wants to take me there...

Life of polish immigrant with pre-settled status is just too hard for me, and i am not even sure if i will be eligible for permanent status in the future.

I'll be alright :)
    anyways hope you're all ok and i wish you good day
  • Cher_Alumni
    edited January 2021
    @monsieur I'm glad to hear your friend has a place for you to stay but make sure to contact Shelter if there's a risk you could go without a roof over your head at any point.

A house in Sweden in the woods eh? That sounds nice!  Let's hope the future has more stability for you and get in touch if you need any support.

• monsieur
    hello, thanks for warm words :)
    All i want to say that i haven't really cared about getting evicted... So i decided to give myself a challenge to walk all way from Birmingham to Hatton > Warwick and then Leamington Spa from Bham on Grand Union Canal.
    I left bham at sunday 8:30pm and came to Hatton in about 6am and Warwick 12am.
    It took me whole evening to walk out from Birmingham and there was Solihull... It was all snowy and frosty, my water turned into ice cubes!!!
    I did walk about 35 miles and it was great trip, i came back to my tent at 4:30pm and sleept there till morning today... I had proper rest cuz my body was all aching

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.