Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Universal Credit eligibility by non UK citizen + housing benefit

monsieurmonsieur Member Posts: 44 Courageous
Hello :)
My name is Philip and i am 26...
I am creating this topic because i seek some information about my situation.
Basically i first came to UK in 2014 and have lived continously till 2017. My last job was in 2015.
In 2017 i started to go to Poland very often because i was quite bored in UK. So i have spent 7 months and from 2019 november till 1st of June this year.

So i have lost my accommodation in september and became homeless in Warwickshire area... I have slept in a tent for few months in the woods.
But after a while i have spoken with some english people and they advised me to contact council and report i am homeless, try to get emergency accommodation
So i have called them few days later and reported i am homeless and they said they have got accommodation for me in Birmingham. So i said i have no money for ticket, so they covered costs and i went there on my own next day.
Now it is supported accommodation with support worker. They said i need to be on Universal Credit to live here. When i have applied for it, they required me to look for jobs. But then later on i had to pass habitual test and i said i have spent 7 months in Poland where i just stayed with my family, like i have in England in the past, cuz my mum lived here.
But now i didn't pass habitual test because they said i am a jobseeker and that i haven't lived in UK continously for 5 years...

In 2012 in Poland i had terrible mental issues and i have been diagnosed with psychotic disorders. In 2014 i ended up in mental hospital where i have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I have also been suffering from depression and suicidal thoughts for very long time.
So my friend advised me that i should have told UC about my mental issues, that i am mentally unstable and unfit to work. So i have called them and asked for mandatory reconsideration saying i am suicidal (police has reports as well stating this) and depression.
They said my case will be actioned till day of my payment which was 17th of Dec. Of course i haven't received anything. They have created a new claim for me where they stated i am unfit to work because i have got schizophrenia, psychosis, depression and i am suicidal and mentally unstable.
Now today i have had first commitments conversation but i told work coach that last time i have failed habitual test and that i am probably not eligible for universal credit... And i don't know what's going on now, because i might either lose my supported accommodation even though housing benefit covers costs i think. But i heard that without being eligible to UC i won't be able to live here so i might just go live back on the streets again... And i don't know if they will close my claim again...
They want me to get a job but every job i had was getting me into massive depression and suicidal thoughts... It was just getting me feel worse so i never worked for more than a month...
I am also extremely mentally unstable, in the morning i want to kill myself but later i feel great... I have got moodswings as well...

I don't know what's gonna be happening, i just would about writing about my situation here because i been suffering mentally for years and been refused to get UC and i think that i will be refused again... Because i have spent so much time in Poland this year :-(
And it just doesn't make things any better for me...

Do you think i have got any chances for UC or i am only wasting my time and i will have to go live on the streets again.
tommorow i am about to call a GP and warwickshire council and ask them what's going on but it's unbelievable how **** those UC people make me feel... And i have made my commitments, i applied for jobs and then i realised i wasted my time because i didnt pass some habitual residence test, but i'd like to live in this country and get permanent residence in 5 years, but now i am thinking about going back to Poland or i'll be forced to go back to place where i have lived before for years and sleep in tent again...

My question is do you know any other information that would actually make me feel better mentally, because at the moment i feel like a piece of junk, because i am not eligible for any support in this country... And i feel like some 2ndary citizen at the moment and i only have got pre-settled status.
I am worried all the time and nothing helps me...

Cheers

Replies

• monsieurmonsieur Member Posts: 44 Courageous
    edited December 2020
    They said that i was a jobseeker at first but now when i am unfit for work are there any chances that i'll get some support or i will be completely refused, (Removed by moderator, offensive content)
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,714 Disability Gamechanger
    Sorry I was about to offer some advice until I read your second post.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
    woodbine said:
    Sorry I was about to offer some advice until I read your second post.

sorry but it's seriously how i started to feel like here. i been refused any support from gov and universal credit just makes me feel worse mentally
    council has put me here but they didnt make sure if i am eligible for universal credit
    and i read a lot about germany and second world war and i started to feel completely the same... Because of my nationality and mental problems there is no place for me in this country :(

• poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    HI,

Although you came to the UK in 2014 you went back to Poland quite often from 2017. To be entitled to UC you must pass the habitual residence test so you may find that you'll fail this again. HRT and UC is very complex and you'll very likely need to get some advice from an advice agency near you.

What were you doing between 2015 when you last worked and 2017 when you went back to Poland?

To get perminent residence in the UK you must have lived here for at least 5 years and you haven't because you went back to Poland. Here's some information regarding the HRT and what you need to pass this.

Start with this link for some further expert advice. https://advicelocal.uk/

Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    What was i doing well i was mainly hanging out with my english friends a lot. That taught me english very well and got me used to english culture and people. I have always felt positive about this country.
    But now things have been different maybe because of covid and lockdowns...
    I also have play in music band cuz i am drummer.
    I lived with my mum so she was covering all costs of living.
    In Poland i have lived by myself as well in a flat whereas in UK i had to share house with strangers... So this is why i have stayed in Poland for so long... But it has nothing to do with me fancy living in Poland cuz i have always liked England much more

I dont know maybe i should not bother and emigrate to different country like Sweden or something.
    Will getting any advice from those people help me claim universal credit i don't think so

I just feel very disappointed and down that i been refusing everything and i am worried that i'll have to move out from supported accommodation because i am not eligible for UC
    If i have lied that i have lived in UK would it get me different result. If i didn't say i spend 7 months in Poland... If i lied...
    But i always say truth and now i have to suffer
    I have also been volunteering in one charity shop because store manager was my best friend at the time.

but id love to get some education thats my aim because i am uneducated... I wanted to go to college... But now i know nothing
    What you need is help to understand the HRT because unless you pass this you won't be able to claim UC, it's all very complex.
    If you hadn't told them that you went back to Poland from 2017 they would have likely found out anyway.

Please use that link i provided to see what help is available local to you.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
    But having unfit to work mental condition won't do any difference, will it?
    Is it also truth that i am not eligible to live in supported accommodation because of this?
    edited December 2020
    The reason they are saying that you won't be able to live in supported housing is because you will have no money to pay your rent. Help with any rent when living in supported housing comes from housing benefit because you can't claim for help with the rent under UC because it's supported housing.

To claim any means tested benefits you'll need to pass the HRT.

You also won't be able to claim any disability benefits such as Personal Indepenence Payments (PIP) until you've lived in the UK for 2 out of the last 3 years.
    Okay thanks for help.
    But I am in supported accommodation now and I'm worried they will tell me to move out cuz I'm not eligible for uc.
    But I read that by law I am allowed to stay for 5 months.
    They asked me to apply for UC
    For help with the rent you will need to claim housing benefit but there will be the same isuue with this as you're having with UC. You may very likely be refused because of the HRT.
    PLease use the link i provided above to see what advice agency is local to where you live for further expert advice because of the HRT issue then you could be refused UC and housing benefit.
    Yeah they sent me to housing agency and guy applied for HB to cover costs of my accommodation then later I have applied for UC by myself.
    But anyways they still haven't made a decision with my HRT after I did mandatory reconsideration I explained to them reasons why I stayed in PL for so long but that I always miss UK when I'm in PL and all my friends live here in England
    We'll find out.
    I can always go live in my tent again I don't mind :). I have got friends here who help and support me, something I'm missing when I'm in PL.
    Thanks for your time and links :) I'll post later what's going on with my second claim.
    Cheers
    I have already lived in this supported accommodation for 5 weeks council had put me here.
    Anyways have a nice day to you all :)
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,105

Scope community team

Hi @monsieur

Just wanted to express my sympathies for what you have had to go through and how you are feeling at the moment, it sounds so hard to deal with.

I have sent you an email to the address registered with your account, it would be great if you could check it and respond to us. 

In case this is of any use, here is an article about two people who were in a similar situation to yourself,  which might give you some encouragement in your fight to receive UC.
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    edited December 2020
    Hello cheers
    well yes at first i havent said anything about my mental problems and that i have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and stuff in the past
    they said i am a jobseeker and can't receive this
    but then my english friend told me i should have said this to them about my mental problems so i called them and asked for mandatory reconsideration... He says that i can get them to tribunal now if i get refused.
    Because this is how i felt indeed discriminated like some (Removed by moderator, offensive language)
    I am not entitled to universal credit and supported accommodation because in 2019 i stayed in Poland cause my grandma gave me keys to refurbished flat, so i lived there by myself... I have done this for my mental wellbeing
    In UK i lived in shared accommodation with 5 people and that was pain in the ****... :disappointed: 
    I haven't received any e-mail from you.
    It's gonna be **** if because of my pre-settled status i will have to be homeless again
    So those two romanians receive their UC now??
    @Ross_Scope Okay sorry it seems like your mail has been delivered
    I wrote on my journal about my situation and stuff and i am still waiting for their decision.
    At the moment i just want to stop thinking about that and enjoy what i have at present... I don't really have any credit on my phone as well to make phone calls...
    So until i receive this decision i think i'd be better off stop thinking about that for my mental wellbeing.

• chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,907 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @monsieur - I'm sorry for the difficult situation you find yourself in. The only other thing I can think is to perhaps contact the charity Shelter. Please see: https://england.shelter.org.uk/
    Their free helpline is 0808 800 4444. The helpline is from 8am -8pm weekdays, & 9am -5pm at the weekend. There's also a webchat 9am -5pm weekdays  https://england.shelter.org.uk/get_help/webchat
    Please let us know how you get on.  :)
    Haha it's ok
    My tent wasn't bad at all... The only downside was having no electricity to charge my laptop or smartphone haha
    I was looking for some shelter to stay for winter anyways... And Council has sent me to Birmingham from warwickshire area...
    I have got polish friends missing me in Leam, so after winter i'll be happy to go back live in my tent if english country won't be able to give me any support.
    And my aim should be to get permanent residence in 5 years anyways, because i really want to live in this country and i have absolutely no any intensions to go back to Poland again. My mental state was really good as well... I was close to nature and animals...
    I keep forgetting that i have got assessment in college at 5th of January :).
    I hope i wont get kicked out till then!!

Assessment at college? Are you saying you're a student?
    Well i want to be a student. I have applied for functional maths and english skills in birmingham college ans they sent me a letter that my assessment will be at 5th of jan :).
    I am not gonna stay in this country and do nothing all the time. I really could .commit.to just study 24/7 maths languages and stuff.
    I am 26 but i still hope one day ill go to university.
    Being uneducated and unqualified is pain :)
    But i dont know if im gonna go.
    It depends what they say from UC
    I can always learn in home it depends what uc ppl say. I dont know
    Because lot of ppl tell me i have got mental issues even though i think im ok ppl tell me im not
    Just so that you are aware if you do pass the HRT and claim UC successfully, full time students are unable to claim UC unless they are claiming a disability benefit such as PIP (personal independence payment) and have already been assessed as having limited capability for work. Unfortunately you won't be able to start a claim for PIP until you've lived in the UK for 2 out of the past 3 years.

If you do become a student and your claim for UC is successful then you'll need to report the changes to DWP and your UC will end.
    edited December 2020
    Yes my roommate told.me this just few moments ago.
    I wont be able to pay for rent then if i get refused and when i become homeless i wont be able.to go to college
    Lets see what happens next week, because i have been told it hasnt been decided yet if i am eligible.
    I might then go to doctor first and start treatment and see how i can manage to get cash to pay for rent and then go to college later.
    Its all confusing me but im hoping that everythings gonna be ok.

Scope community team

Hi @monsieur, how are you today? 

Yes it is all very confusing, but I'm sure everything will be okay for you. And the community will provide as much support as possible. I hope you've found the above advice from Poppy helpful.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    @Ross_Scope Hey, thank you :). I am okay.
    I am just getting prepared for some little sightseeing around Birmingham :). I am going to walk for few hours, that definitely does me good with my mental wellbeing!!
    Staying indoors all the time is not always healthy!! :)
    I think i am gonna get to the canal first and see where it takes me.

Scope community team

Okay @monsieur, hope you enjoy sight seeing. Stay safe :) Make sure you wrap up warm too, it's quite cold.

@Ross_Scope hey cheers :). Weather is nice today.
    Well i have jist been refused UC again. They said im a job seeker and failed HRT even though i said about my mental problems and that im suicidal.
    I also said i spent 6 weeks in mental hospital where i was diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia and stuff.
    I am going to call citizens advice on monday and tell them about my situation.
    I'm sorry to hear this. I think even with your mental health issues you may have difficulty with the HRT because you went back to Poland for at least several months in 2019.

edited December 2020
    Yeah, that's right. But i told them about being mentally unstable and UC tell me i am a jobseeker I get no help from support worker or GP as well... Im gonna call citizens advice on monday and tell them all this. I feel like some victim and only get support and advice from my friends. I have been left alone i feel like a victim. (Removed by moderator, potentially offensive comment). I don't know what to do now and im calling citizens advice on monday
    What's wrong with going back to Poland to visit my family when UK at the time was part of European Union, it's just crazy
    edited December 2020
    It's not that easy to claim a benefit here, even if you're British and coming back to the UK you still have to pass the HRT.

I understand it's a difficult time for you but please don't compare yourself to someone else because that's really not nice.
    Thats what english people say as well, its not made up by me.
    Im gonna go back to Leam and live in my tent again if i get no help here, because i was okay there.
    They make me want go back to Poland but i dont want to, they wont make me
    I am being discriminated.
    If i get a job but im mentally unstable i might hurt aomeone and cause accident.
    They tell me i am a jobseeker but i cant get a job.
    I am also homeless person too.
    Council shouldnt have put me here too they just sent me to bham because i lived in a tent and it doesnt do me any good only makes things worse for me.

edited December 2020
    Im more worried about my housing situation because if they will kick me out from here for not being eligible to get UC then ill become homeless again.
    But if im gonna have normal housing stuff im just gonna start treatment and forget about UC because i jist dont care now
    edited December 2020
    I have got pre-settled status and have been here since 1st of june now, so it's taking (Removed by moderator, inappropriate language)out of me because it's more than 6 months. They probably assume that because i am polish i can't speak english very well. But i am gonna call citizens advice on monday and tell them everything and see what they say
    Please mind your language when posting here on the community. This is an open forum so young children could be reading this.
    Although you have pre settled status, you went back to Poland for several months and this is what's causing you the problems. You must maintain continuous residence in the UK for 5 years, which means not spending more than 6 months abroad in any 12 month period.
    Sorry about posts. please delete anything that seems like offensive.
    But i read on internet that by law those with pre-settled status have the same rights that those with permanent residence.
    My polish friend who can't speak english but works in warehouse has passed her habitual test and she's got pre-settled as well.
    I said that i have been sectioned in Poland and diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, but they still classified me as jobseeker.
    And they say that to claim benefit i need to be in UK for specific period of time about 1-3 months but i have already been here for 6 months.
    I came back to resettle in this country and said all this as well.
    They probably assume from DWP that because i am polish i can't speak english very well.
    But i will contact citizens advice on monday and see what they say.

Even if i decide to go back to Leamington and live in a tent and rely on my polish friends, i won't be able to prove in 4,5 years that i have lived in this country for 5 yrs without having a job, having a treatment or studying.
    And english people have always treated me very well with respect since i first came here and DWP people just disappointed me.
    What's causing the stress and disappointment is that after being homeless for some time i have read on web that when i am homeless i was supposed to report it to warwickshire council as soon as possible
    So i have called them and they put me to supported accommodation with people who claim Universal Credit and are on the list for council housing.
    But what's happening with me is that i clearly don't have the same rights that they do. I am not eligible for universal credit and council housing you know.
    This is why i have no idea what's gonna be happening to me and what's causing stress and stuff

edited December 2020
    They put me here and i was excited you know to have electricity
    I have applied for UC and stuff i searched for jobs.
    Now it seems like i am not eligible for any UC, council housing and on top of that i might get kicked out from here as well because i have spent 7 months in Poland, i am EU citizen and... ahh i can't get UC so probably won't get housing benefit as well.
    It's just i have spent 5 weeks already here and nobody tells me about my situation. Either support worker or council
    And it's just too much disappointment and uneccessary stress that would have been avoided if council had made sure that i am eligible for UC first.

Anyways sorry for bothering you... Have a good day.
    What's causing you the problems is that you went back to Poland for several months, if you hadn't done that then your situation would have likely been very different. All i can advise at this point is to ring your local citizens advice on Monday morning.

I wish you good luck!
    edited December 2020
    Yeah it's only because i was fed up with living in shared accommodation with polish people who were discriminating me on daily basis for not having a job.
    In Poland i lived on my own in a flat and i have done this for my mental wellbeing
    But i have lived here from 2014-2017 continously and now i came back to resettle

Yeah i am calling them on monday. If i my housing situation is going to be okay here, then i can always try to apply in 2-3 years.
    But this is all causing me stress anyways... To be fair i'd prefer just to go to the college and start studying, i'll be fine. But it's all different...

But you know i still had the same home address and had all bank accounts registered. It's not like that when i left UK i changed my address, because i had the same home address from 2015.
    But unfortunately my grandma was feeling lonely in Poland and she made me to go there for so long, but in Poland i always have felt so unhappy with life i always wanted to come back.
    I should have just stayed in Leamington Spa i'd be fine. I told people on council that i have lived on this address for 5 yrs. But because i have been doing nothing for so many years apart from hanging out with my english friends, but living in shared house was doing my heading i decided to go to Poland for so long... And i don't regret it though...

Okay thank you for support. Even if i haven't gone back to Poland in 2017 and 2019 i think they would ask me to prove it that i have lived here for that many years, but that wouldn't have been possible because i have lived like a shade here. Never been registered with GP, my last job was in end of 2015 and i only made it up for 4 days anyways... Cuz later i couldn't get on with managers and stuff even though everyone was telling me i was doing great and every worker praised me obviously not being mentally stable took over and it always does when i get a job i can't concentrate and focus on my job because my head is always all over the place and i keep having too many thoughts in my head and then you know 8 out 10 my warehouse jobs was just that i left without saying the word because i wanted to go home and listen to music or go for a bike ride.

I'd love just to go back to Leamington and my tent again... My only worry then was just getting settled status in 5 years
    But my friend wanted to create a company with me to sell stuff online you know, so it's not like i am going to back to Poland i will go back to Leamington.
    But at the moment i haven't got any money and can't even afford train ticket.
    My roommate and his family helps me and he won't make me go back to Leamington
    Month ago when i was refused UC i just packed my things and was ready to go back to Leam... But then my roommate stopped me and said that as long as i have something to eat i can stay here in this accommodation.
    But now i also find out that being no habitual resident excludes me from living in supported accommodation as well...
    I have lived here for 5 weeks i am not even sure if this housing agency receives housing benefit for me

Scope community team

Hi @monsieur

I hope you're doing okay and again I'm sorry to hear about the situation you're in, believe me we all want what's best for you. 

Calling Citizens Advice today sounds like a good idea, I hope that goes well.

edited December 2020
    @Ross_Scope Cheers. Well it seems like my crazy mental issues always take over and i always start to create negative situations that might happen... And then i get really paranoid and stressed out and suicidal you see....
    But i have got contacted citizens advice and they didn't know anything how to help me
    So what i have done and i should have done it in first place was to call housing warwickshire district council. And i heard that they have called me on friday but ididn't answer the phone. I had a message in mailbox but i don't have credit to be able to dial it.
    So i called them today and their worker will contact me tommorow cuz he tried to contact me on friday anyway. They need me to give them some documents for my housing option or something like that.
    And i heard i can't be kicked out from here because they sent me here to prevent homelessness :smile: 
    I hope i didn't hurt anybody's feeling or made some1 mood's worse by how i deal with this issue and didn't compromise any1 privacy as well :smiley: 
    It seems like everything is ok. And also my housing benefit has been refused and they say i should claim UC to pay for housing costs so this is all confusing. Perhaps they want me to relocate now or something since i can't claim HB or UC
    But woman from district council said that i need go get some benefits or something like that because i have no incomes and stuff. I am not sure if i should mention my mental health problems tommorow.
    So 2m i am gonna write more information here :P

Scope community team

Hi @monsieur

I'm sure it's not you who creates the negative situations, try not to be too harsh on yourself. Please remember to use the resources we sent you in the email if you feel as though you are struggling with your mental health. 

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get anywhere with CAB, but I'm glad that you seem to have been pointed toward the right place with the district council. Hopefully the call back tomorrow goes well.

Whether you mention your mental health tomorrow is completely up to you. It might be worth mentioning as they could signpost you to any relevant support.

Yeah, it's only me no1 else who creates this situations. It's just me
    Thank you :)

The reason your housing benefit has been refused is because you haven't passed the HRT, like UC. As you are living in supported housing then your rent should be covered by housing benefit but because you're not entitled to this then at the moment there's nothing you can claim.

I'm sorry that your local CAB weren't of any help to you. I'm not sure what else to suggest, unless there's a different advice agency near you. The advice you need is regarding the HRT.
    It's nothing to suggest
    I have contacted housing department from warwickshire district council and they gonna call me tommorow. Woman said on the phone that they want me to send them my documents by e-mail or something like that so maybe they want to relocate me back to warwickshire
    She said they can't kick me out because i am on homeless reduction programme.

I think i will have to prove that i lived on this address for 5 yrs tho. All i can say is that my mum lived there and my friends can prove it as well as my old landlord who recognises me you know.
    Housing they called me on friday but i had my phone turned off... So they left message in my mailbox, but obv i have no credit i wasnt able to listen to it
    So tommorow i am gonna speak with housing people and see what's happening
    edited December 2020
    i didn't speak to them but at least they know i am okay they may call me after christmas ;)
    Ill update you whats going on and my current situation
    my nan sent me £100 and i get lots of food from food banks so thank you England ;)
    your government pays for my room here as well so im looking forward to getting permanent residence in 2025 and because i am on records of housing deparment it will be easier for me to prove to gov that i have lived here for 5 yrs.
    i'll be eligible to get UC then and im looking forward to it ;)

Thank you all for warm words and support
  • WaylayWaylay Member Posts: 922 Pioneering
    Hey there @monsieur, just thought I'd see how things are going?

I found this online. Seems useful! I just googled for it tho. 

http://www.eurights.uk/what-you-need-to-know

I don't live in Birmingham, so I can't promise that these will help (I googled them), but give them a try?

https://barms.org.uk/

https://settled.org.uk/en/

https://www.migranthelpuk.org/Pages/Category/euss

https://rmcentre.org.uk/contact/

https://birminghammind.org/

I am okay...
    Not going to get kicked out from emergency accommodation... 2 cleaners came in two days ago and said it's the best house cuz it's very clean and nothing to do...
    It's a shame that they don't give me this UC cash though...
    But i wanted to go to different country, but it's tier v now so probably not allowed to go anywhere, might get fined?? ;o
    monsieur said:

But i wanted to go to different country, but it's tier v now so probably not allowed to go anywhere, might get fined?? ;o

All of the UK, which includes England, Scotland and Wales, inlcuding Northern Ireland are now in a national lockdown and the advice is to stay at home and you're only allowed out for very specific reasons. See this link. https://www.gov.uk/guidance/national-lockdown-stay-at-home

I have no idea what the rules are for traveling out of the UK to another country.

I had delicious Christmas roast

Scope community team

Glad you enjoyed your Christmas dinner then @monsieur :) Mine was pretty good too

thanks
    everything's good... Few days ago cleaners came up here and they said there is nothing to do and the best house!! It's the cleanest house!!! haha
    I was supposed to go to Poland/Sweden this week, but obviously because of lockdown i have had to stay...
    It's a shame  cuz some people wanted me to get out of UK and bought me plane tickets to Pol/Swe, so i didnt go to assessment in college and on friday i have spoke to my GP and said i am going to Sweden...
    I have been brainwashed and my head is still full of ****...
    But at least i am still staying in UK, and my roomates didn't let me leave this country and support worker said i can't go anywhere and leave this country cuz of lockdown...
    But well at least i am sure that they wont kick me out from here... Especially because i am not a **** lor vandal... :D
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,010

Scope community team

That's quite the compliment from a cleaner @monsieur

I'm sorry you weren't able to travel abroad, but it's necessary at the moment unfortunately. Do you get along well with your roommates? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    haha yeah it's true... It's too much risk to go abroad!!!
    yes of course we get along :)
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Posts: 4,010

Scope community team

Exactly. It's something to look forward to in the future though @monsieur :) 

Great! That's lucky. 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to give us feedback? Complete our feedback form now.
    Yeah i am not so depressed over that universal credit anymore... It's not much cash anyways...
    i am doing fine so far but still having trouble with having some pounds to buy new toothpaste soon huh...
    but i think somebody will send me some cash from poland next week so things should be ok
    And at least i know now that i can stay in this house and nobody will kick me out.

Few weeks ago i have met polish woman who lives in Sweden and she's got her own house and swedish citizenship... And she wanted me to come to her... She even bought me a ticket to get to Sweden!!!! First Amsterdam then Goteburg!!!

But i can't imagine amount of stress i'd have go through because of covid and lockdowns... I even did this covid test PCR with travel certificate and then one day later lockdown!!!!
    So you know **** i can't go i wasted my money for this test...
    also they wantedme to go back to Poland and then sweden but its all brainwash!!!!
    Living in UK is not that bad!!!! But people act like Poland or Sweden is the best!!!! England sucks!!!! **** no you suck not England!!!!
  • Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Posts: 3,324

Scope community team

Hi @monsieur I don't think we've spoke before, but its lovely to meet you.

Thank you for your kind words about England and I'm sorry to hear the lockdown stopped you from travelling to Poland.  Let's keep our fingers crossed for the vaccine roll-out going smoothly and then who knows what the future holds for you! 

Take care and please let us know if ever you need any help  :)
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    haha i am glad i didn't go there!!!!! Poland is bad!!!! i am depressed there My faimly wanted me to go there they bought me a ticket glad i didnt go there!!! :)
    i heard that vaccines are bad and change DNA but i don't know if it's true
  • CressCress Member Posts: 498 Pioneering
    Yeah, I have to visit my nan at the zoo now...
    Or maybe I'm talking unhelpful nonsense...
    Yeah truth imagine how much cash vaccine company owners r making right now!!! millions pounds per hour!!!

Scope community team

monsieur said:
    i heard that vaccines are bad and change DNA but i don't know if it's true
    Hi @monsieur

The claim that covid vaccines will change a person's DNA is scientifically incorrect.  You can read this BBC article that explains why the rumour is untrue, and more about how vaccines safely work.  

Glad to hear you want to stay in England too  :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
    edited January 7
    Yeah i mean of course i do want stay in England :))) Other people try to make me go somewhere else, but can't succeed!!! My roommates and my support worker won't let me travel abroad haha!!
    okay so yesterday my support worker told me that landlord said i have to move out next week because i am not eligible for universal credit... so thjey can't keep me in
    so i am goingt o live on the streets again

Scope community team

Hi @monsieur

I'm sorry about the delay in getting back to you about this.  Is the situation still the same?

If you think you remain at risk of being made homeless, I'd strongly urge you to contact Shelter's free helpline for advice asap.  They'll be able to speak more about your personal situation and what's best to do going forwards.  Please let us know how you are and I hope everything is going ok.

Yeah, i am getting evicted on monday because i can't claim benefits so landlord can't claim my housing benefit
    I am gonna stay at my friends back in Warwick for some time... But i think i will have to leave this country in next few months... I have got a friend who's got house in Sweden in the woods, and wants to take me there...

Life of polish immigrant with pre-settled status is just too hard for me, and i am not even sure if i will be eligible for permanent status in the future.

I'll be alright :)
    anyways hope you're all ok and i wish you good day

Scope community team

edited January 21
    @monsieur I'm glad to hear your friend has a place for you to stay but make sure to contact Shelter if there's a risk you could go without a roof over your head at any point.

A house in Sweden in the woods eh? That sounds nice!  Let's hope the future has more stability for you and get in touch if you need any support.

hello, thanks for warm words :)
    All i want to say that i haven't really cared about getting evicted... So i decided to give myself a challenge to walk all way from Birmingham to Hatton > Warwick and then Leamington Spa from Bham on Grand Union Canal.
    I left bham at sunday 8:30pm and came to Hatton in about 6am and Warwick 12am.
    It took me whole evening to walk out from Birmingham and there was Solihull... It was all snowy and frosty, my water turned into ice cubes!!!
    I did walk about 35 miles and it was great trip, i came back to my tent at 4:30pm and sleept there till morning today... I had proper rest cuz my body was all aching

Sign in or join us to comment.