Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,717 Disability Gamechanger
What do you really like receiving as a gift?

Personally I like anything edible or drinkable. I absolutely love my food and drink and the experience of trying new ones or just rediscovering an old favourite. This is convenient at Christmas time as I don’t even have to wait for my presents, I just need to wait for the Christmas food to be put out. :yum:

I also love receiving a gift token. As a young child I used to be silently a bit unappreciative of gift tokens wondering why someone would restrict you to one shop instead of just giving you the money. However, as an adult with boring financial commitments I really appreciate getting a gift token as it forces me to buy a treat for myself which I really enjoy doing - if I just had money it would just go on household spending.

What about you? :)

Replies

• woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,159 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm getting exactly what I asked for....nothing, I believe it is far better to give than to receive.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,006 Pioneering
    Wouldn't mind some slippers :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • leeCalleeCal Member Posts: 2,675 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a slow puncture (getting faster) in a brand new tyre but I can’t wait til Christmas for a new one. ☹️ 
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 2,159 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    I have a slow puncture (getting faster) in a brand new tyre but I can’t wait til Christmas for a new one. ☹️ 
    Is that a new tyre or new puncture ?  sorry only kidding 
  • 66Mustang66Mustang Member Posts: 3,717 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    Damn :(
    woodbine said:
    I'm getting exactly what I asked for....nothing, I believe it is far better to give than to receive.
    Would be nice if you were one of the people I have to buy for ;)
    Wouldn't mind some slippers :D 
    :smiley:
    In all seriousness I do agree that presents aren't the most important part of Christmas and it is better to give something than receive.  :)

Hint: I do like chocolate though.

• Cher_ScopeCher_Scope Community Team Posts: 2,401 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    In all seriousness I do agree that presents aren't the most important part of Christmas and it is better to give something than receive.  :)

Hold the phone... why did I not know we could do spoilers  :D

I'd appreciate some new PJ's and bubble bath but other than that I'm genuinely touched by receiving anything!  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know. 
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 631 Pioneering
    This is a great question i wanted mental stability for Xmas lol but I enjoy arts and crafts and cross stitch and food of course 
    66Mustang said:

Hold the phone... why did I not know we could do spoilers  :D

I'd appreciate some new PJ's and bubble bath but other than that I'm genuinely touched by receiving anything!  
    That’s a nice way of putting it - same here - knowing that someone thinks enough of me to even just me a card is really touching.
    cupcake88 said:
    This is a great question i wanted mental stability for Xmas lol but I enjoy arts and crafts and cross stitch and food of course 
    It would be great if mental stability could be wrapped up and given as a gift!
  • OverlyAnxiousOverlyAnxious Member Posts: 1,018 Disability Gamechanger
    Socks...  I get some every year but they always start to look like swiss cheese by October, I've now only got 2 pairs left that are totally hole-free!!   :D

Also hoping to get AC Valhalla to get me through winter!  :)
  • MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 1,182 Pioneering
    I wanted a new Xbox Series X, but because nowhere's got any till at least January, I missed out :(

In actual fact I kind of already received my Christmas gift last week, Dad's bought a new 4K Smart TV for the Utility room up at Home, and the Xbox looks amazing on it, proper 4K and everything.

• Ami2301Ami2301 Community champion Posts: 6,994 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm happy with socks, stationery and smellies!
    Community Champion
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967janer1967 Community champion Posts: 6,138 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of bubble bath and some ferrero rocher please santa 
  • poppy123456poppy123456 Community champion Posts: 22,187 Disability Gamechanger
    I always prefer to give than receive and have been this way since i had my children and my eldest will soon be 26! Although my 2 daughters will completely disagree and both think i deserve everything.

I never ask them for anything, they usually get me what they think i would like and they never fail to spoil me every year. I do know there's several under the tree from my youngest daughter. Secretly i'm hoping for a pair of my favourite slippers from next because the sole is coming off mine. I also love bath bombs,body wash from the body shop and yankee candles. I don't drink alcohol so as long as it's not this then i really don't mind.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • WestHam06WestHam06 Community champion, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,027 Pioneering
    Hi @66Mustang
                                This is a great question :) I like giving gifts and seeing the faces of loved ones when they open their gifts. I don't really ask for anything, I'm extremely fortunate and all I really want for Christmas is that my friends and family are happy and healthy (I know, it sounds corny) but I genuinely mean it :) I'm always really touched when I receive a gift as someone has taken the time to think of me. Each year I'm very fortunate to receive a West Ham shirt, I know to most that would be the worst gift ever but it makes me happy :smiley: Thank you.
  • MrAllen1976MrAllen1976 Member Posts: 1,182 Pioneering
    I bought myself some digital games on Xbox this week, such as Star Wars Squadrons, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Watch Dogs Legion and Mortal Kombat Ultimate.

Sign in or join us to comment.