What are you hoping to get for Christmas? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What are you hoping to get for Christmas?

66Mustang
66Mustang Community member Posts: 13,367 Disability Gamechanger
What do you really like receiving as a gift?

Personally I like anything edible or drinkable. I absolutely love my food and drink and the experience of trying new ones or just rediscovering an old favourite. This is convenient at Christmas time as I don’t even have to wait for my presents, I just need to wait for the Christmas food to be put out. :yum:

I also love receiving a gift token. As a young child I used to be silently a bit unappreciative of gift tokens wondering why someone would restrict you to one shop instead of just giving you the money. However, as an adult with boring financial commitments I really appreciate getting a gift token as it forces me to buy a treat for myself which I really enjoy doing - if I just had money it would just go on household spending.

What about you? :)

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm getting exactly what I asked for....nothing, I believe it is far better to give than to receive.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Wouldn't mind some slippers :D 
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • leeCal
    leeCal Community member Posts: 7,550 Disability Gamechanger
    I have a slow puncture (getting faster) in a brand new tyre but I can’t wait til Christmas for a new one. ☹️ 

“This is my simple religion. No need for temples. No need for complicated philosophy. Your own mind, your own heart is the temple. Your philosophy is simple kindness.” 
    ― Dalai Lama XIV

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    leeCal said:
    I have a slow puncture (getting faster) in a brand new tyre but I can’t wait til Christmas for a new one. ☹️ 
    Is that a new tyre or new puncture ?  sorry only kidding 
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• 66Mustang
    leeCal said:
    Damn :(
  • 66Mustang
    woodbine said:
    I'm getting exactly what I asked for....nothing, I believe it is far better to give than to receive.
    Would be nice if you were one of the people I have to buy for ;)
  • 66Mustang
    Wouldn't mind some slippers :D 
    :smiley:
  • 66Mustang
    In all seriousness I do agree that presents aren't the most important part of Christmas and it is better to give something than receive.  :)

Hint: I do like chocolate though.

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    66Mustang said:
    In all seriousness I do agree that presents aren't the most important part of Christmas and it is better to give something than receive.  :)

Hold the phone... why did I not know we could do spoilers  :D

I'd appreciate some new PJ's and bubble bath but other than that I'm genuinely touched by receiving anything!  
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    This is a great question i wanted mental stability for Xmas lol but I enjoy arts and crafts and cross stitch and food of course 
  • 66Mustang
    66Mustang said:

Hold the phone... why did I not know we could do spoilers  :D

I'd appreciate some new PJ's and bubble bath but other than that I'm genuinely touched by receiving anything!  
    That’s a nice way of putting it - same here - knowing that someone thinks enough of me to even just me a card is really touching.
  • 66Mustang
    cupcake88 said:
    This is a great question i wanted mental stability for Xmas lol but I enjoy arts and crafts and cross stitch and food of course 
    It would be great if mental stability could be wrapped up and given as a gift!
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    Socks...  I get some every year but they always start to look like swiss cheese by October, I've now only got 2 pairs left that are totally hole-free!!   :D

Also hoping to get AC Valhalla to get me through winter!  :)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I wanted a new Xbox Series X, but because nowhere's got any till at least January, I missed out :(

In actual fact I kind of already received my Christmas gift last week, Dad's bought a new 4K Smart TV for the Utility room up at Home, and the Xbox looks amazing on it, proper 4K and everything.

• Ami2301
    Ami2301 Community member Posts: 7,942 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm happy with socks, stationery and smellies!
    Disability Gamechanger - 2019
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Lots of bubble bath and some ferrero rocher please santa 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,329 Disability Gamechanger
    I always prefer to give than receive and have been this way since i had my children and my eldest will soon be 26! Although my 2 daughters will completely disagree and both think i deserve everything.

I never ask them for anything, they usually get me what they think i would like and they never fail to spoil me every year. I do know there's several under the tree from my youngest daughter. Secretly i'm hoping for a pair of my favourite slippers from next because the sole is coming off mine. I also love bath bombs,body wash from the body shop and yankee candles. I don't drink alcohol so as long as it's not this then i really don't mind.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    Hi @66Mustang
                                This is a great question :) I like giving gifts and seeing the faces of loved ones when they open their gifts. I don't really ask for anything, I'm extremely fortunate and all I really want for Christmas is that my friends and family are happy and healthy (I know, it sounds corny) but I genuinely mean it :) I'm always really touched when I receive a gift as someone has taken the time to think of me. Each year I'm very fortunate to receive a West Ham shirt, I know to most that would be the worst gift ever but it makes me happy :smiley: Thank you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    I bought myself some digital games on Xbox this week, such as Star Wars Squadrons, Puyo Puyo Tetris 2, Watch Dogs Legion and Mortal Kombat Ultimate.

Brightness