Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Weight gain since being disabled
Hi every one I used to be a size 12/14 and weighed 12 stone now I weigh just over 16 stone and I’m like a size 18/20 . My medication is a huge reason to my massive weight gain . I have such a hunger I never had before plus I don’t get any exercise because of my illness . I know there must be other people like my self who have had a weight gain due to disability I put all this weight on since being on quatiapine so since feb this year .
I recently down loaded a app called nutra check where I can monitor how many Calories are in what I’m eating so has my partner so he can help me monitor what I eat as I mainly eat snacks he prepares my main meals as I can’t prepare meals I snack so I will put snacks into Daily calorie Snack boxes to monitor what I’m eating . My memory isn’t so good so I will need help so my partner will help me with it . I’m determined to loose some weight and manage my weight. I was wondering if any one else has any weight loss ideas . As going to a gym is not some thing I can do And I have this massive hunger for snacks .
Who else has found a increase in weight since having a disability ?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 148 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.