I won my Tribunal! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I won my Tribunal!

laurapeach
laurapeach Community member, Scope Member Posts: 114 Pioneering
edited December 2020 in PIP, DLA, and AA
What a huge relief! I was awarded Enhanced on both :smiley:

To give everyone a rough timeline for how long it all took.

I applied January 14th 2020, had my phone assessment mid-June and was awarded standard on Daily Living two weeks later. I then put in a Mandatory Reconsideration in mid-July and was awarded standard Mobility as well as the standard Daily Living in August. I decided I felt I was entitled to more so I put in my appeal online at the beginning of September, had the appeal pack a few weeks later and went through all of that with a fine tooth comb to see if there was anything else I could send to the Tribunal. I had an additional letter from my OT and I think that is what helped.

I had my Tribunal on 23rd December 2020 and they were lovely, they asked tough but fair questions and tried their best to make sure we stayed on topic. It took around 45 minutes to complete, and then I had an email today saying the decision had been made and sent out through the post so I decided to give PIP a call to see if they had received anything as my delivery office is notoriously late with mail. PIP had already received the letter much to their surprise, and told me I was awarded Enhanced on both!! All in all it will have taken around a year to go from initially applying to getting the right amount of money awarded to me. I know other people's journeys are a lot longer, but please persevere, the Tribunal are your best shot at getting the correct award if you don't get it at assessment or MR stage.
Mum of one little girl.

I am AuDHD and I have M.E/CFS and POTS.
Tagged:

Comments

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.