Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
PIP and losing your home
My son receives PIP and I am his carer. We live in a small rented flat and have had numerous issues, most recently we had 4 gas leaks since November, leaking windows, plaster falling of the walls and gas is still an issue when using the boiler. So we live with the gas switched off and an electric heater and use only one room. We feel increasingly unwell here and want to move. Our letting agent says to not have anything available, other agents all ask for applicants to be in paid work, which rules us out. We are so desperate to get out of here I am thinking of moving into a static caravan on a holiday park or even a campervan or such. Question: What would happen to our PIP and carer's allowance if we do no longer have a fixed address? (I tried ringing DWP but get disconnected each time.)
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.