I am a county cricketer - what's your involvement within sport? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am a county cricketer - what's your involvement within sport?

Options
MPowell_1991
MPowell_1991 Community member Posts: 83 Courageous
Hi all.

I am been fortunate to have represented Hampshire within their disability cricket setup since 2005 when i was 13. I love the social aspect as well as being part of a team environment. i will confess though, i am ultra competitive.

I have also tried my hand at Boccia where i win a silver medal at a Hampshire special school festival and power chair football although i suffered a nasty injury courtesy of an over enthusiastic 11 year old so i gave up playing.

What are your experiences? What activities do you enjoy doing -- and why?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,493 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's awesome @MPowell_1991! The social aspect is definitely a really important part of sport. Howdid you get into cricket? 

I wrote a piece on accessible sport a little while ago, and I really enjoyed hearing about people's experiences. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Way back in June 1990 at the age of 14 and a bit, I started Karate, much to the horror of school lol.. I trained under a variety of Senseis (Japanese word for teacher) right up to having to quit due to a back injury in late 2011. Then in October 2016 I started Taekwondo, which is similar to Karate but it's South Korean rather than Japanese, currently wearing a yellow belt with a green stripe, and won a Bronze medal at the Club's online competition last November.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.