I am a county cricketer - what's your involvement within sport? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I am a county cricketer - what's your involvement within sport?

Options
MPowell_1991
MPowell_1991 Community member Posts: 83 Courageous
Hi all.

I am been fortunate to have represented Hampshire within their disability cricket setup since 2005 when i was 13. I love the social aspect as well as being part of a team environment. i will confess though, i am ultra competitive.

I have also tried my hand at Boccia where i win a silver medal at a Hampshire special school festival and power chair football although i suffered a nasty injury courtesy of an over enthusiastic 11 year old so i gave up playing.

What are your experiences? What activities do you enjoy doing -- and why?
Tagged:

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,492 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    That's awesome @MPowell_1991! The social aspect is definitely a really important part of sport. Howdid you get into cricket? 

I wrote a piece on accessible sport a little while ago, and I really enjoyed hearing about people's experiences. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Options
    Way back in June 1990 at the age of 14 and a bit, I started Karate, much to the horror of school lol.. I trained under a variety of Senseis (Japanese word for teacher) right up to having to quit due to a back injury in late 2011. Then in October 2016 I started Taekwondo, which is similar to Karate but it's South Korean rather than Japanese, currently wearing a yellow belt with a green stripe, and won a Bronze medal at the Club's online competition last November.

Brightness