If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Hi I'm kirsty1978! When will my son get the money he's owed whilst his PIP claim is going through?

kirsty1978kirsty1978 Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited January 5 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hello, my son was 16 on the 16th of December. He had a letter on the 18th saying to contact the DWP by the 14th of January. I did this with him on the 29th and now awaiting the PIP claim forms. He was paid his full DLA payment on the 1st of December and then half a months payment in the 15th of December. He didn’t receive his next due payment on the 29th? When will he receive any monies as he should still be being paid while the PIP claim is going through.  


  • poppy123456poppy123456 Member Posts: 22,218 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome,

    I hope by now you've rang DLA to ask about the payments because we can only guess what's happened. As you said, payments should continue until a decision's been made on the DLA, although DLA is paid different to PIP. DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and a week in advance and PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears. Not sure what difference that should make right now though because no decision's been made on his PIP.
    Community champion and proud winner of the 2019 empowering others award. This award was given for supporting disabled people and their families for the benefit advice i have given to members here on the community.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,718 Disability Gamechanger
    There were massive delays with the post over the holiday period, when the PIP forms arrive tele and ask for an extension to the date they ask them to be returned by, But as poppy says we can only guess whats happened with the payments so best to phone them.
    And welcome to scope
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,105

    Scope community team

    Hello @kirsty1978 and welcome to the community, how are you? 

    I hope the above advice has been helpful
    Online Community Coordinator

    Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

    Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
Sign in or join us to comment.