Hi I'm kirsty1978! When will my son get the money he's owed whilst his PIP claim is going through? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi I'm kirsty1978! When will my son get the money he's owed whilst his PIP claim is going through?

Options
kirsty1978
kirsty1978 Community member Posts: 2 Listener
edited January 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
Hello, my son was 16 on the 16th of December. He had a letter on the 18th saying to contact the DWP by the 14th of January. I did this with him on the 29th and now awaiting the PIP claim forms. He was paid his full DLA payment on the 1st of December and then half a months payment in the 15th of December. He didn’t receive his next due payment on the 29th? When will he receive any monies as he should still be being paid while the PIP claim is going through.  

Comments

• poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,978 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi and welcome,

I hope by now you've rang DLA to ask about the payments because we can only guess what's happened. As you said, payments should continue until a decision's been made on the DLA, although DLA is paid different to PIP. DLA is paid 3 weeks in arrears and a week in advance and PIP is paid 4 weeks in arrears. Not sure what difference that should make right now though because no decision's been made on his PIP.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,614 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    There were massive delays with the post over the holiday period, when the PIP forms arrive tele and ask for an extension to the date they ask them to be returned by, But as poppy says we can only guess whats happened with the payments so best to phone them.
    And welcome to scope
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hello @kirsty1978 and welcome to the community, how are you? 

I hope the above advice has been helpful
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.