Sorry — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Sorry

Options
Lisatho11987777
Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
Sorry is the hardest  word to say  and I am sorry for any upset in some instances maybe I was out of line I would like to be given another chance I am not one for falling out I usually make friends quite easily I am a people person

This group at the moment is my life line  along with alotvof people I live on my own in the countryside  most of my neighbors  are shielding so I don't see anyone  and my suport worker talks to me more  on the phone as he isn't allowed in my house and its to cold outside 

I have made a few friends on here and hopeing to make more  so here I am asking for that 2ndvchance 

Comments

• Oxonlady
    Oxonlady Scope Member Posts: 566 Pioneering
    Options
    Hi @lisathomas50, I was just going to bed when I noticed your post on my phone...
    I think the current ongoing restrictions are probably making a lot of us irritable, anxious and even impatient. The lockdowns are not "normal" and have been affecting people emotionally and mentally.
    Personally, I've been housebound for 6 years due to chronic illness and disability and it's not pleasant to be confined in this way. 
    So I understand if you feel frustrated. We all say things we don't mean sometimes.
    I'm sure the lovely people on this forum will understand. 
    Wishing you a peaceful night. 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,017 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisathomas50 I agree, it's an extremely stressful time we're having to deal with and not being able to go out when we want, where we want isn't helping either. Even more so for those that haven't been able to see their loved ones.

I'm not the sort of person to bear grudges against anyone, that's really not the reason i'm here. I'm here to help others claim what they're entitled to. We have had a few members in the past that didn't like me but i think the friends i've made in the time i've been here certainly outweigh all those and for that i'm very thankful. There really is some wonderful people here on the community.

I live quite a secluded life too so i know what it feels like not to have many friends, although i do have my daughters and grandson. So, lets start again, put the past few days behind us!

It's been a very long day and i'm so tired. Night night :)
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,103 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Options
    Thank you, Lisa - of course you can start again. I also try to help people in my own way. I stayed here because of the support offered, & finding members so friendly. Goodnight. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi @lisathomas50 I respect you for taking the time and effort to apologise to the community and sure it is appreciated by others 

Look forward to seeing you around and that you find the forum a lifeline 

I live in small village and have no friends or family near tho I do see family occasionally if it wasnt lockdown 

I live with my son si not alone but he is a teen and hardly comes out of his room unless it's for food however he us a great help to me 

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Thank you very much for all your kind words   night to you all 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Joiner 1967 I was seeing family when we weren't on lockdown  but haven't seen them for months only on the facetime   my youngest grandchildren font understand why nanny doesn't see them 

My mum has dementia and wants to k ow why she can't come to Wales to see me the world is such a different place the lickdown in wales has no end date  

Let's hope  in the near  future  we have some normality 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,618 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    @lisathomas50 no worries ! x
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Options
    Thank you woodbine 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.