Hi, my name is Megan Price! — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Megan Price!

MyfPrice1
MyfPrice1 Community member Posts: 3 Listener

Hi Everyone!

My name is Meg and I've recently gained my first employment (WOOOHOO!!). 

I'm going to be working to support children, young people and families with Disabilities in the Cardiff area - I'm Visually Impaired myself, and have lots of experience with a broad range of other disabilities and health conditions too, but when I came across this site just now, I thought it worth signing up so I can get learning even more about ... well ... everything I guess :) Lovely to meet you all, and I hope everyone is keeping safe and happy as best you can.

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MyFPrice1 and welcome to our community!  

Go you!! Woop woop employment here you come  <3  That is brilliant news and it sounds like you are going into a very rewarding role.  All the best and please keep us updated with how it goes!

To get a grasp of the variety of issues that disabled families face, feel free to have a browse of our chat categories and ask any questions you might have.  Lived experience is such a powerful resource to learn from and our members have been through so much as a collective.  We'd love to help you on your way.

Hope to speak soon, and please let me know if you have any problems on the community.    
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome so glad you have found employment and it sounds really good role 

Keep us up to date with how you get on 
  • MyfPrice1
    Aw, diolch! Thank you! Much appreciated. Yes, I've done so many years of volunteering in this type of role, so it's something I'm very passionate about. Myself I have a disabled family, we're mostly Visually Impaired (mostly blind), but I've also had family members with MS, heart conditions, diabetes, hearing impairments, arthritis - the list goes on haha - gotta keep life interesting! And some of my closest friends have Asbergers, CP, Dyslexia and a variety of other disabilities. So I'm lucky to have a good grasp of a lot of challenges and issues. But when it comes to more specific things to do with certain disabilities I'd love to learn more! So I will definitely use that Chat Categories link :) 
    Oh, and yes, the site seems to be accessible to me so far, which is always a bonus haha. Can't wait to get mingling in this community. 
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @MyfPrice1 - & welcome to the community. Thank you for joining with such a lovely first message. :)   Congratulations on your first job, which sounds ideal for you & I'm sure you'll enjoy! I will look forward to seeing you around the forum as I'm sure we'll learn from you too.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Congratulations @MyfPrice1! That's fantastic news.

We look forward to seeing you around :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • WestHam06
    WestHam06 Community member, Scope Volunteer Posts: 1,396 Pioneering
    edited January 2021
    Hi @MyfPrice1
                             How are you? Welcome to the community and thank you for joining us. Firstly, many congratulations on your new job, it sounds like it is something you are extremely passionate about which is always important in any job :) Please do take a look around the community and join in with any conversations which may be of interest to you. We are a friendly and supportive community, with a wide variety of experiences. Please do ask any questions you may have. I look forward to seeing you around the community. Thank you. 
  • MyfPrice1
    Thank you everyone who has responded to my initial message! I was a bit surprised at having so many replies so soon, but they've been a joy to read :)  I hope to figure out navigating this website soon so I can talk more to you all! :) 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Give us a shout if you need any help navigating the site, or working out how to do something @MyfPrice1! We're always more than happy to try and help, and we know that the community can sometimes take a bit of time to get used to. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
    Hi Megan Price 
    1119082 Posts: 258 Courageous
    Masuma is here 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.