Pip paper review — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Pip paper review

davidoneman
davidoneman Community member Posts: 6 Listener
Hi got a review form abit confused by it , if nothing has changed since the last time do i just say still the same ? Or do i fill it out like a claim form adding all information 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi you need to fill it out as if it’s a new claim giving all info even if nothing has changed give details of how your condition affects your daily living against the descriptors 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited January 2021
    Hi @davidoneman and welcome to the community :) 

The questions in the PIP review form are based on the same everyday tasks and activities that are covered by the initial PIP claim form, for example preparing food, mixing with other people and moving around.

With the renewal, you'll have to explain how you’re now finding each task or activity. Think about if anything has changed since your last assessment and if it’s harder or easier, in your case obviously you say nothing has changed. You’ll need to write that things have stayed the same since your last assessment but ensure that you still describe how you’re finding each task or activity as though it were a new claim form.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • davidoneman
    Its my wife who claims and the form has even me confused , so the bit where it says how you manage the activity thats where you put like why my wife can't do it , then in the tell us box put like i do the cooking etc . Many thanks 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @davidoneman did you keep a copy of her last pip application before you sent it back? if so you can use that for reference, however you should treat the renewal as a new claim, as for the cooking example you tell them why she can't do the cooking and what happened last time she tried to do it.
    If you need extra space to give details remember to put her full name and N.I number on each sheet of paper, if you need more time just tele and they will usually give you 2 extra weeks.
    Good luck
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• davidoneman
    Hi think ive got it sorted now many thanks . 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    That's good to hear @davidoneman

Don't hesitate to ask if anything else comes up.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • davidoneman
    Well every time over the last 3 years with pip and esa we have had to appeal it twice so not expecting them to just go through with it , expecting needing to appeal again so maybe will be back . But thanks for the help . I was looking at the form and thought well if things havnt changed do i just have to put no changes and thats it .
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    If you've had reviews before and you've just put "no change" then this maybe why you've always been refused. The same with the work capability assessment form (ESA50) always put as much relevant information as possible. How can they assess you correctly without the information?
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • davidoneman
    No ive never had a form like this its always been a form like the 1st time claimed asking the question so just filling all the information in each question , not split like this review form .  
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,330 Disability Gamechanger
    That would suggest that all previous awards before this one were by a Tribunal rather than from DWP. When awarded by a Tribunal your PIP has an end date, which means that about 14 weeks before the award is due to end you'll be contacted by DWP and they ask you if you want to continue claiming PIP then you need to ring to start another claim. Once you've done this they then send you the PIP2 forms (long forms)

If awarded by DWP then it's shorter review forms. Although, all claims should be treated as a new claim by all claimants, regardless of which form you receive.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • davidoneman
    Hi yes before they have been awarded by the tribunal  

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.