Fit note issue - a month is not 4 weeks. — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Fit note issue - a month is not 4 weeks.

gentlegee1976
gentlegee1976 Member Posts: 34 Connected
edited January 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
My fit note was renewed for 3 months from 28th October 2020. This means (in my mind) it expires on 28th January 2021. The DWP says it expires 12 weeks after it was issued (on 20th January 2021).

The DWP said that 3 months is 12 weeks, where I argue that 3 months is 12 weeks and about 6 days. I used UC payments as an example, yet they still don't seem to understand. UC is paid monthly for me (3rd of every month) and NOT every 4 weeks.

If it was paid every 4 weeks the dates that I was paid would vary. The first payment would be March 3rd, then March 31st (28 days later) then April 28th (28 days after that). The next few payments would be on May 26th, then June 23rd, then July 21st, and then August 18th.

I know it seems trivial, but it annoys me. If my note was issued on the date above in bold, on what date does it actually expire? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.