Higher Payment PIP after sending Renewal Form — Scope | Disability forum
Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Higher Payment PIP after sending Renewal Form

miracleboy Member Posts: 24 Listener

I had a PIP Renewal Form at about the end of November and it had to be back the 21st December. It got back on time as it was sent Next Day Delivery so they got it on the Saturday. I have checked my bank account tonight and have noticed a change in my PIP I am a bit confused as I have had no letter, and wonder why my PIP has gone to a higher amount. Normally it is £487.80 I get Mobility Lower Rate and High Rate Daily Living. 

But tonight the amount is £744.44 ...It has been a month since they received my form, so I am a but unsure as to what that extra payment is. Also my ESA Support Group is the same amount that I get every fortnight, but I have noticed on the bank instead of ESSA it states JSA. I have not had a renewal form for my ESA yet so am stuck as to why that has changed. I did receive a backdated amount a couple of years ago as I should have been on Income Related ESA, but even then the name of the payment on my bank stayed ESSA. 

I live alone, and so just wondered if anyone can give me some insight to what has happened. Could it be that they have done my renewal of PIP and that is a higher amount, or is there some error somewhere? My form with all my documents was like 4 inches thick with all supporting documentation. I did say that I will get my Sister and friend to do their letters and these will be forwarded on, due to my health I am getting them sent on Monday so am four week behind with getting the Support letters sent to them. Shall I phone them in the morning as I don't want to spend it if it is a mistake.

Any help regarding trying to figure this out would be truly appreciated. I have both physical and mental health problems, and went into detail on how I need support to get through each day.



Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.