Higher Payment PIP after sending Renewal Form — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Higher Payment PIP after sending Renewal Form

Options
miracleboy
miracleboy Community member Posts: 26 Connected
Hi

I had a PIP Renewal Form at about the end of November and it had to be back the 21st December. It got back on time as it was sent Next Day Delivery so they got it on the Saturday. I have checked my bank account tonight and have noticed a change in my PIP I am a bit confused as I have had no letter, and wonder why my PIP has gone to a higher amount. Normally it is £487.80 I get Mobility Lower Rate and High Rate Daily Living. 

But tonight the amount is £744.44 ...It has been a month since they received my form, so I am a but unsure as to what that extra payment is. Also my ESA Support Group is the same amount that I get every fortnight, but I have noticed on the bank instead of ESSA it states JSA. I have not had a renewal form for my ESA yet so am stuck as to why that has changed. I did receive a backdated amount a couple of years ago as I should have been on Income Related ESA, but even then the name of the payment on my bank stayed ESSA. 

I live alone, and so just wondered if anyone can give me some insight to what has happened. Could it be that they have done my renewal of PIP and that is a higher amount, or is there some error somewhere? My form with all my documents was like 4 inches thick with all supporting documentation. I did say that I will get my Sister and friend to do their letters and these will be forwarded on, due to my health I am getting them sent on Monday so am four week behind with getting the Support letters sent to them. Shall I phone them in the morning as I don't want to spend it if it is a mistake.

Any help regarding trying to figure this out would be truly appreciated. I have both physical and mental health problems, and went into detail on how I need support to get through each day.

Comments

• woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,621 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Your ESA will have said JSA as it was a manuel payment.
    Changes in PIP payments often arrive before you get written notification , but its difficult to say exactly what as some might be at the new rate some at the old, you could phone them and ask.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• miracleboy
    Options
    Hi Woodbine

My Support Group ESA has always stated EESA, but not JSA never had that before next to the payment, and it is the same amount. I will phone them in the morning about the PIP Payment, if they have made a paper based decision it is very quick. I will let you know. Thank You
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Hi there 

I would agree with @woodbine it is likely you have had a paper based assessment and got a higher award 

Most people seem to get the money before the letter 

As advised for 9eace of mind give them a call 

Also it was explained the change to esa wording is due to it being a manual payment which could also be due to the new pip award 

Let us know how you get on 
  • miracleboy
    Options
    Hi

I will let you know. If that is the case do I still need to send them the two support letters from my sister and friend as I had promised?
  • janer1967
    Options
    If that is the case and they have made a decision already then there I'd no point sending them 

If the decision is made they must have had all they needed 
  • miracleboy
    Options
    Hi

I had a decision made on the 15th January after having got the form back to them on 19th December had to be back 21st December. I have not had the letter yet that is in the post, but I have been awarded Life Time Award both Enhanced Rates. What does that mean Lifetime Award, is it 10 years?

Also will my ESA Support Group still need forms to be filled in every now and then, or does one department reflect the other?

Thank You
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
  • janer1967
    Options
    @miracleboy you will still have your esa assessments as normal as PIP and support group are completely separate benefits and have different criteria 
  • miracleboy
    Options
  • Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,938 Scope online community team
    Options
    Great to hear you've been awarded an increase @miracleboy. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • miracleboy
    Options
    Thank you. I am amazed at the quick decision.

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.