Problems applying for blue badge online — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Problems applying for blue badge online

lou100
lou100 Community member Posts: 8 Connected
edited January 2021 in Transport and travel
Filled out online form for blue badge. Been successful for the past 6 years. Turned down due to the way online application is set out. Rang council and requested us to go in to the town centre. I explained online form not set up to input more details. So I was told make an appointment. Tried to explain been in isolation by hospital, doctors, government and council for the last 10 months..... now badge out of date and don’t feel safe on a bus. ...it’s “the computer says NO”

Comments

• Cher_Alumni
    Cher_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 5,741 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @lou100

Oh heck.  I'm sorry the online application method wasn't accessible, that definitely defeats the purpose! Also, I totally understand your apprehension about travelling into the town centre given the current circumstances. What information do they need from you, and have they given a reason why this can't be done by alternate means from home? 
    Online Community Co-ordinator

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • lou100
    need letter from need letter from rheumatologist nurse. Rang  hospital no reply. Personally I think they have more to do than sort letters especially in today’s climate. It’s not like it’s my first letter.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @lou100 Ah I see.  When you get through to your rheumatology nurse make sure to explain the situation you've found yourself in.  The rheumatology secretary could liaise with the people at your local council and possibly send them an electronic letter via email to save you travelling.  Please let us know how you get on  :)

Want to tell us about your experience on the online community?  Talk to our chatbot and let us know.

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.
  • lou100
    thank you for your advice. I will let you know how I get on. This could happen to others in the same position.
  • Cher_Alumni
    @lou100 It definitely could, thanks for bringing it to our attention and good luck :)

• lou100
    Update. Managed to get a letter from my doctor. Reapplied  on line. First problem - after a short time it locks you out & nothing is saved so having rush and restart. Not hopeful as the form look setup to fail. I will update when I get a reply.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you managed to get a letter @lou100, but I'm sorry you felt you had to rush the form. Definitely keep us updated on the outcome. 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • lou100
    Form filled out last night. This morning at 9.20 email stating we have been successful. Took 20 mins not 10 weeks.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 15,988 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm pleased things worked out OK in the end @lou100 - I recently completed an online application to re-apply for a Blue Badge, & found it a bit cumbersome. I had difficulty adding the first page of a PIP extension letter I'd recently received, & it took ages to upload. I don't remember so much documentation being needed 3 years ago either! :)
  • lou100
    I pointed out that the form doesn’t reflect what’s going on now. While in isolation you don’t know what is possible as not been out for 10 months. This now needs to be taken in to consideration. I wonder if that’s why some PIP forms have been put back. Just a thought. 
  • lou100
    Received an email stating that we have been excepted for a blue badge. 
  • Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @lou100 well done pleased to hear that you have now got your blue badge hopefuly by the time I have to re apply I can just go to the local council and do it ? 
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Campaigns Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Great news, thanks for letting us know @lou100 :) 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,651 Connected
    Meh, we applied to Sheffield City Council last year for a blue badge, I don't drive but some of my carers have been saying for years that due to limited mobility I should be entitled to one.

Anyway we applied in writing, sent in every piece of ID and proof of disability we could find, it was all sent back because the useless Council wanted originals and not copies, sorry but after stuff's gone walkies in the past c/o the local Royal Mail, I ain't sending official documents via Snail Mail.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.