Lcwa and fit notes — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.

Lcwa and fit notes

ChloeeRose Member Posts: 1 Listener
Hiya, just thought I'd try asking here as I'm at my wits end and don't know what to do...

I handed my first fit note in Jan 2020, I struggle with severe mental health and was in refuge at this time, I then got sent an assessment form to fill out and sent it back, now I had a fit note for Feb to April too, this was as my support worker from refuge helped me... I had to leave the refuge and flea to a different county, I did not know that I had to carry on handing fit notes in as my support worker always made sure I had everything I needed and I wasn't working anyway. .. 

Now I've finally got my phone assessment on 1st Feb and they're saying it won't get backdated because I've declared myself fit to work..... But I didn't deal with my paperwork always had help... 

Is there anything I can do, I've tried asking the doctors to write a supporting letter but they won't, they've just issued one from today (23/01/21)

Stressing me out big time 
Please help ???


  • janer1967
    janer1967 Member Posts: 16,322 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

    I'm sorry this has happened 

    You do need to provide continuous fit notes until s decision is made on your work capability 

    You need to be awarded LCWRA for there to be any payment made or backdated 

    I'm not sure what you can do to be fair please contact cab or welfare rights for more expert advice 


Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.