Where to send additional evidence? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Where to send additional evidence?

anxiousbird
anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
hi all
I’m still waiting for an assessment (submitted my form around 20th October)! I have a couple of questions: 
1) is there a way to get DWP/ATOS to get the claim moving quicker? Is there someone I can involve regarding this? 
2) since submitting my claim form I have had a few more letters etc which I would like to send in as additional evidence. Where do I send these? And is there any chance that additional information will actually move my application further down the pile? Or the opposite? 

Thanks 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

All you can do is wait for an assessment there are huge backlogs 

You send extra evidence to the same place you sent your form make sure you put a note with it and put your ni number on every page 

Sending extra wont move your case any quicker 
  • anxiousbird
    anxiousbird Community member Posts: 162 Pioneering
    @janer1967
    thanks
    i guess I’m worried whether sending extra evidence will actually DELAY my case?
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It could possibly but I doubt it if you haven't had assessment yet 

How valid is the extra evidence does it explain how your daily living is affected 

If it is just general letters that dont outline this it may not be worth sending in my opinion anyway 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.