Can they make a decision from a new condition, or will I still have to wait for a F2F assessment? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Can they make a decision from a new condition, or will I still have to wait for a F2F assessment?

jojo7777
jojo7777 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
edited January 2021 in Universal Credit (UC)
hi,last year i had an over the phone assessment and was told told that id need an face2face as they coud not make a decisio....since then i have emailes them with a new health condition on top of my exsisting ones,whats the process from here,can they make a decision from the new health condition or will it b another f2f....also how long do i have 2 get fitnotes for as my doctor said this will b last fitnote she will give...

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

If you want a new condition taken into account for UC you need to declare a new condition in your journal and provide a fit note with new condition on 

This will trigger new forms and new assessment 

Good luck if you have any more questions just ask 
  • jojo7777
    jojo7777 Community member Posts: 39 Listener
    hi janer1967,yes ive declared new health condition and have got fit notes for this,whats the process now,can they make a discision based on the new health condition as well as exsiting 1,or will it b anoher phone assessment plz...also how long do i have 2 b getting fit notes for as my doctor said she cant keep giving them to me plz

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi again 

You should be referred by your work coach for assessment after being sick for 28 days or more 

Then you will get uc50 form 

You should detail all your conditions on here not just new ones and then will be another phone assessment 

The process will be exactly same as before but hopefully they can make decision after phone 

This can all take months and you will need to keep giving sick notes 

Explain the situation to your doctor maybe show them any letters you have 
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Hi @jojo7777

May I ask why your doctor is declaring that she will no longer give you any more fit notes?

Surely if your conditions affect your ability to work your doctor has a duty to continue providing you fit notes?
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    BrettW said:
    Hi @jojo7777

May I ask why your doctor is declaring that she will no longer give you any more fit notes?

Surely if your conditions affect your ability to work your doctor has a duty to continue providing you fit notes?
    https://www.bma.org.uk/advice-and-support/gp-practices/gp-service-provision/issuing-fit-notes
    "Doctors are required, under the Social Security Acts, to give fit notes to their patients for free."
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • BrettW
    BrettW Community member Posts: 698 Pioneering
    Thought that was the case @calcotti
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    BrettW said:
    Thought that was the case @calcotti
    Just nice to find an information source to confirm it.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.