Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
SwitchBot - Make almost any device smart
This product has been around for a couple of years now, just now, everyone has a smart speaker (Alexa/Google home).
The smart home scene has really taken off, you may have some devices that have to be switched on by pressing a button after a smart-plug has switched on the power to a device.
If you're ever faced with this dilemma of having old pieces of technology that need to be switched on by pressing a button then there's a solution available.
Introducing the Smartbot - You also need the SmartCloud add-on if you want this switch to d additional tasks.
You can stick this small device next to your devices on button, from an app on your smartphone you can command this device to extend its arm that will in turn press the button.
You can connect this device to accept commands from your Google Home or Amazon Alexa, to achieve this you must buy a 'Switchbot' hub
These items cost:
1. [Removed by moderator - advertising link]
2.If you want Smart speaker am IFTTT integration - [removed by moderator - advertising link]
This is a very simple solution for bringing old appliances into the present smart home age.
[Removed by moderator - advertising link]
Do you know of any information 'life-hacks'?
- 48.4K All Categories
- 9.6K Start here and say hello!
- 3.9K Coffee lounge
- 3.9K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.4K News and opportunities
- 134 Community updates
- 11.3K Talk about your situation
- 1.6K Children, parents, and families
- 622 Work and employment
- 517 Education
- 939 Housing, transport, and independent living
- 908 Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 237 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 245 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 19.1K Talk about money
- 1.7K Benefits and financial support
- 4.2K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 11.2K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2K Universal Credit (UC)
- 3.5K Talk about your impairment
- 1.2K Cerebral palsy
- 575 Chronic pain and pain management
- 637 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 691 Autism and neurodiversity
- 822 Mental health and wellbeing
- 284 Sensory impairments