Hi, my name is Pix232. I've had foot drop for 6 weeks, and neurologists don't know what's wrong — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Hi, my name is Pix232. I've had foot drop for 6 weeks, and neurologists don't know what's wrong

Pix232
Pix232 Community member Posts: 1 Listener
Ive had foot drop for 6 weeks mri on back clear seen a neurologist and they dont know what it is i have weakness in arm and fingers to so miss my independence cant drive falling just feel if they dont know who does ?

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Sorry about your problems and that they dont know what is wrong 

Hopefully keep on at them to find out so you can get treatment 

The thing I missed most when becoming disabled was the independence driving gave me 
  • Ross_Alumni
    Ross_Alumni Scope alumni Posts: 7,652 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Hello @Pix232

Welcome to the community, sorry to hear you aren't getting many answers at the minute, hopefully if you keep asking the questions of the health professionals you will find out soon. 

You mention falling, I'm not sure how frequentlythis happens to you but please ensure you mention this to your GP, and make sure you get yourself checked out if you have any injuries.

Take care, and hopefully this community can be a supportive outlet for you.
    Online Community Coordinator

Concerned about another member's safety or wellbeing? Flag your concerns with us.

Did you receive a helpful reply to your discussion? Fill out our feedback form and let us know about it.
  • chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,097 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Pix232 - & welcome to the community. I'm sorry to read your neurologist couldn't find a reason for your foot drop following the report on your MRI, & you also have other issues. Might you consider contacting your GP with your ongoing concerns? They are in the best position to help, as they should have received a report from your neurologist, & also know your medical history.
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,491 Disability Gamechanger
    Hello and welcome to the community @Pix232 :) How are you today? 

I'm also sorry to hear that you haven't been able to find a solution to your foot drop. I'd agree that going to see your GP would be a good idea. Perhaps they could refer you to a physiotherapist? 

When I had a look on the NHS website they suggested that the following tests could be done. Have you been able to access any of the other tests? 

Diagnosing foot drop

Foot drop is often diagnosed during a physical examination. Your GP will look at the way you walk and examine your leg muscles.

In some cases, imaging tests, such as an X-rayultrasound scan or CT scan, may be required.

Nerve conduction tests may be recommended to help locate where the affected nerve is damaged.

Electromyography, where electrodes are inserted into the muscle fibres to record their electrical activity, may also be carried out at the same time.

National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Check out our Playground Accessibility Map

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.