PIP — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

PIP

Carlbenn_88
Carlbenn_88 Community member Posts: 40 Listener
thanks to @chiarieds and @janer1967 for giving me advice with my recent post. I'm ( new )!. have many of you on here been successfull in having a paperbased assessment? without having to have a telephone assessment. if so would be nice to hear from you. 

Comments

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    I remember other members who had successful paper-based assessments, whom you'd probably appreciate hearing from such as @ChloeHibbert & @samfits99 tho there are others too. Hope this helps.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @Carlbenn_88 some people do get successful awards from a paper-based assessment, but you don't usually get a choice unless you have a serious medical grounds for not having a telephone assessment backed up by your GP or consultant. All face 2 face assessments are still cancelled due to covid.
    @chiarieds I haven't seen sam around for a while now have you?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• chiarieds
    chiarieds Community member Posts: 16,007 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    Well Chloe Hibbert & Sam, as well as 2 or 3 others have very similar stories; learning difficulties & mental health issues, & they always get a paper-based review. They have hoped to get a mobility component, whilst getting the enhanced rate of daily care, but perhaps I'm wrong, & the OP is just hoping for a daily living award. :)
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    My last review was paper based and I didnt request paper based but they said they had all they needed and knew my condition wouldn't get better I am amputee and visually impaired 

I got enhanced for both but it was a review not new claim 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.