If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.


Carlbenn_88Carlbenn_88 Member Posts: 40 Listener
thanks to @chiarieds and @janer1967 for giving me advice with my recent post. I'm ( new )!. have many of you on here been successfull in having a paperbased assessment? without having to have a telephone assessment. if so would be nice to hear from you. 


  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,940 Disability Gamechanger
    I remember other members who had successful paper-based assessments, whom you'd probably appreciate hearing from such as @ChloeHibbert & @samfits99 tho there are others too. Hope this helps.
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,730 Disability Gamechanger
    @Carlbenn_88 some people do get successful awards from a paper-based assessment, but you don't usually get a choice unless you have a serious medical grounds for not having a telephone assessment backed up by your GP or consultant. All face 2 face assessments are still cancelled due to covid.
    @chiarieds I haven't seen sam around for a while now have you?
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • chiariedschiarieds Member Posts: 7,940 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 7
    Well Chloe Hibbert & Sam, as well as 2 or 3 others have very similar stories; learning difficulties & mental health issues, & they always get a paper-based review. They have hoped to get a mobility component, whilst getting the enhanced rate of daily care, but perhaps I'm wrong, & the OP is just hoping for a daily living award. :)
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,127 Disability Gamechanger
    My last review was paper based and I didnt request paper based but they said they had all they needed and knew my condition wouldn't get better I am amputee and visually impaired 

    I got enhanced for both but it was a review not new claim 
Sign in or join us to comment.