Disabled people
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

Capita complaint

pinkpogspinkpogs Member Posts: 8 Listener
edited February 8 in Disabled people
I've  made a complaint  to  capita about my
Assessment, anyone  done this and got  a
Good result?

Replies

• mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,926 Disability Gamechanger
    It varies depending on what took place and what it is you’re looking for. If you’re looking to prove they “lied” then forget it. It’s not legally possible and of little practical use. 

If you’re complaining they didn’t write down what you said then that’s a complete misunderstanding of what their role is. It certainly isn’t to write down what you said verbatim. 

If you’re looking to find specific points and have irrefutable proof that a basic error was made then it may be worth it as recommendations can be reviewed and revised occasionally. However, “irrefutable” is something most people need professional advice on as “irrefutable”evidence is fairly rare. In 7 years of doing this for other people I’ve had maybe change the points recommendation.

Key thing to ask is whether the third of the three things above applies and, if it does, how pivotal is it? Is it the difference between getting a rate of PIP and not or is it just wanting to prove them wrong? If it’s the former then it may be worth pursuing further but really your time is usually far better spent looking at the weaknesses in your evidence rather than the perceived weaknesses in theirs.
  • Ross_ScopeRoss_Scope Posts: 3,105

Scope community team

Hello @pinkpogs

Just wanted to say welcome to the community, glad you've joined us :) 
    Online Community Coordinator

Find out more about, and apply for, the Community Co-production Group.

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot and let us know.
  • pinkpogspinkpogs Member Posts: 8 Listener
    The capita case worker just rang to say that they are not using that
    Assessment, and that I've  got
    To have another one, hopefully 
    It won't  happen again, do I have to say I'm recording it???
  • woodbinewoodbine Member Posts: 3,715 Disability Gamechanger
    I know Mike will explain why recording is a waste of time, it won't be used by the DWP.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • pinkpogspinkpogs Member Posts: 8 Listener
    Yes but it would prove whst is being said
  • mikehughescqmikehughescq Member Posts: 5,926 Disability Gamechanger
    Doesn’t really matter. No-one you record it for will be able to access the recording; you won’t be able to prove its unedited and so on. Focus on the strength of your evjdebvd not any perceived weakness in theirs.
Sign in or join us to comment.