Coffee lounge
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

Validation

coylygirlcoylygirl Member Posts: 236 Pioneering
I have a mate whom I've known for about 5 years from a writers' group,  He's a DJ on a local community radio station and when he hard about my trauma and relapse he asked if he could do anything to help.  I said I'd appreciate a shout out and a request.  Well was it ever mind-blowing?  He just said I was going through a tough time and deserved better, then he said I was the STRONGEST, SASSIEST, SMARTEST woman he'd met in a long time.  If I were able to cry...    I have such amazing friends  <3

Replies

• Adrian_ScopeAdrian_Scope Testing Team, Community Team Posts: 7,954 Scope community team
    That's very nice of them @coylygirl, it definitely sounds like you've got great friends. :)
    Senior Community Partner
    Scope

If you have a few minutes to spare, we'd appreciate your feedback on our online community.
  • coylygirlcoylygirl Member Posts: 236 Pioneering
    Thank you, I have the best friends and neighbours and they have become my safety net.  I am trying not to become too dependent on them and I use the Samaritans services after hours.  I cannot recommend them highly enough,  The professionals, including the police have been superb and I'm feeling so much gratitude and for this forum as well  <3
  • Tori_ScopeTori_Scope Community Team Posts: 3,319 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you've had such a positive experience with a variety of services @coylygirl :) 

What song did you request? 
    Online Community Coordinator, she/her

Want to tell us about your experience on the community? Talk to our chatbot here and let us know what you think
    N xumb by LinkinPark( (it was a rock station so he wouldn't let me have Destiny's Child!)
  • deannadeanna Member Posts: 17 Connected
    The best suggestion someone made when I was feeling down about my life was to find something you like doing and do that to help you feel a bit happier and validated.  Sometimes it can be just watching a TV programme that makes you feel more hopeful, that the world is a kinder place than you are experiencing right there and then.
    I am loving music at the moment and I have tv music channels, alexa, yourube to choose from,  But Thursday from 7 - 10 is my mate Rick on his rock and comedy show.  Yesterday he gave a shout out to my team and played Madness by Muse  :open_mouth:
Sign in or join us to comment.