Validation — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Validation

coylygirl
coylygirl Community member Posts: 283 Pioneering
I have a mate whom I've known for about 5 years from a writers' group,  He's a DJ on a local community radio station and when he hard about my trauma and relapse he asked if he could do anything to help.  I said I'd appreciate a shout out and a request.  Well was it ever mind-blowing?  He just said I was going through a tough time and deserved better, then he said I was the STRONGEST, SASSIEST, SMARTEST woman he'd met in a long time.  If I were able to cry...    I have such amazing friends  <3

Comments

• Adrian_Scope
    Adrian_Scope Posts: 10,821 Scope online community team
    That's very nice of them @coylygirl, it definitely sounds like you've got great friends. :)
    Community Manager
    Scope
  • coylygirl
    Thank you, I have the best friends and neighbours and they have become my safety net.  I am trying not to become too dependent on them and I use the Samaritans services after hours.  I cannot recommend them highly enough,  The professionals, including the police have been superb and I'm feeling so much gratitude and for this forum as well  <3
  • Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    I'm glad you've had such a positive experience with a variety of services @coylygirl :) 

What song did you request? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • coylygirl
    N xumb by LinkinPark( (it was a rock station so he wouldn't let me have Destiny's Child!)
  • deanna
    deanna Community member Posts: 17 Connected
    The best suggestion someone made when I was feeling down about my life was to find something you like doing and do that to help you feel a bit happier and validated.  Sometimes it can be just watching a TV programme that makes you feel more hopeful, that the world is a kinder place than you are experiencing right there and then.
  • coylygirl
    I am loving music at the moment and I have tv music channels, alexa, yourube to choose from,  But Thursday from 7 - 10 is my mate Rick on his rock and comedy show.  Yesterday he gave a shout out to my team and played Madness by Muse  :open_mouth:

Brightness