PIP, DLA and AA
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How long until I receive PIP decision?

Nicky73Nicky73 Member Posts: 13 Listener
edited February 10 in PIP, DLA and AA
Hi all, I applied for PIP last October 2020, I finally had my assessment on February 4th 2021 dwp received my report back and I got a text message on the February 7th 2021 to say they got it. What happens now and how much longer until I find out if I got awarded
Thank you 
Nicky 

Replies

• janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,284 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

It can take a while to get a decision it will now be with a decision maker and you will get a letter informing you of the outcome could take up to 8 weeks 

You can ring and request a copy of the assessors report it isnt the final decision but you can add up the points to see what has been recommended 

In most cases they go with the report 
  • chiariedschiarieds Community Co-Production Group Posts: 8,066 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi @Nicky73 - & welcome to the community. You can ring the PIP enquiry line (Tel: 0800 121 4433) & ask for a copy of the assessor's report to be posted to you. This will give an indication of any points that may be awarded for the 2 components of PIP. You will still have to wait for your decision letter, which may take several weeks, but the decision maker usually goes along with the assessor's report. Hope this helps. :)
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,801 Disability Gamechanger
    It can take upto 8 weeks for a DM to act on the report, they usually (but not always) go with the report so it can be handy as @chiarieds says to ask for a copy now.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Haylo6891Haylo6891 Member Posts: 1 Listener
    I had my assessment on the 14th Dec and still waiting on a decision. X
  • JacksppsJackspps Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Once the DM has received the report can they request further information from your GP? I thought once DWP received they then had to make a decision based on the assessment? 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,801 Disability Gamechanger
    They use the assessment as part of the decision making process, it's unlikely they would request information from anyone as the HCP's rarely do that. Usually the DM will go with the the report BUT not always.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • cupcake88cupcake88 Member Posts: 874 Pioneering
    You will often find you get your money before you get your decision if you have been awarded it . I got my money before I got my decision so check your bank account hope this helps . 
  • wilkowilko Member Posts: 2,294 Disability Gamechanger
    @Nicky73, hello, once a week has elapsed since your either phone or face to face assessment you can contact DWP and request a copy of your assessment report and on receiving it you can work out what your award may should be but you still have to wait for the award notification letter, I’ve had mine received the text stating they where making a decision but having read my assessment report I know what my award should be but I have prepared a statement for an MR.
  • JacksppsJackspps Member Posts: 5 Listener
    Thank you all for your responses! I was on hold for 48mins this morning finally got through and have requested a copy of the assessment report. Now have to play the waiting game for 7_10 days and up to 6 weeks for a decision. Can I ask what MR is? 
  • lisalocket43lisalocket43 Member Posts: 10 Listener
    I unfortunately failed mine, 6 points dl and 4 mobility but awarded no points for my severe anxiety and depression episodes, I felt that because I work part time this was the reason ( they don’t understand anxiety and depression and I have suffered 13 years and I feel I’m getting worse, anyway I sent a mr which is a letter to ask them to reconsider there decision, my claim was made in September I had a assessment in November received my award letter December I sent my MR 5th January and I rang 2 weeks ago and they only just put the letter in the system and I was told you to 10 weeks, I feel that they won’t change in my favour and I feel that I’m being discriminated because I try to work a couple hrs a week, luckily I have a great boss and amazing family, is there anyone on here who would know if my chances of being awarded are any good 🤞🏼🤞🏼Tia oh I’m new on here sorry for the rambling I can’t help it xx
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 1,252 Pioneering
    edited February 12
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
Sign in or join us to comment.