How long until I receive PIP decision? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How long until I receive PIP decision?

2»

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    Have you been able to access some support from a representative to help you with your tribunal @wilber2505
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • Sammy_1994
    Sammy_1994 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    Ring them and badger em
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 53,357 Disability Gamechanger
    Ring them and badger em

Not sure how that can help anyone.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • Emma1968
    Emma1968 Community member Posts: 35 Listener
    I'm waiting   for them to write  to  me 
    2 more weeks   when  they said in text with in 8 weeks 
  • poppy123456
    Emma1968 said:
    I'm waiting   for them to write  to  me 
    2 more weeks   when  they said in text with in 8 weeks 

The timescale given is just a guide and backlogs are just part of the reason a decision can be delayed.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • lisalocket43
    lisalocket43 Community member Posts: 11 Listener
    Unfortunately I got all points for mobility -1 but was 1 point down for care but I asked for mandatory decision and failed because I go to work.. unbelievable when people are receiving pip for nothing… thanks guys for replying to me, much appreciated your time, also I was told because I’m over weight I’m not entitled to the fact my mum makes me meals because otherwise i won’t cook because my anxiety makes me not bothered to do much but like I say o do work part time to help me keep interacting, never mind il just keep going like I have for years, I applied because people was saying I deserve it and should try because of the help I need, but working has made it difficult. 
  • Emma1968
    Mine 7 weeks this  week  waiting  for  dession  saying  within 8  weeks
  • poppy123456
     unbelievable when people are receiving pip for nothing…
    I'm not sure what you mean by this? No one receives PIP for no reason, very few people claim PIP fraudulently.
    Please remember that there are invisible conditions, people can look perfectly well on the outside but no one knows what goes on, on the inside. My daughter is one of those, she claims Enhanced for both parts, she's 20 years old and has never been able to go outside the door alone.
  • Cress
    Cress Community member Posts: 1,012 Pioneering
    @poppy123456
    Agree, I didn't think that a very fair comment to make.
  • cazza6565
    cazza6565 Community member Posts: 93 Courageous
    Emma1968 said:
    Mine 7 weeks this  week  waiting  for  dession  saying  within 8  weeks
    It says " as a guide you should hear from us within 8 weeks". That is same text everyone gets as it is only a guideline 
  • Haylo6891
    Haylo6891 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
     unbelievable when people are receiving pip for nothing…
    I'm not sure what you mean by this? No one receives PIP for no reason, very few people claim PIP fraudulently.
    Please remember that there are invisible conditions, people can look perfectly well on the outside but no one knows what goes on, on the inside. My daughter is one of those, she claims Enhanced for both parts, she's 20 years old and has never been able to go outside the door alone.
    Agree completely with this.

I get PIP on my mental health alone and its an absolute battle for it to be recognised. If you saw me out with my family you wouldn't understand the absolute battles I suffered beforehand just to leave the house.

People really have to fight for PIP nowadays. My grandad who is extremely poorly, several heart attacks and health so bad he can't leave the house unsupported had to fight with a tribunal for a year.

Every disability is different. Every situation is different. Always be kind. 
  • chelss
    chelss Community member Posts: 20 Listener
    Hi I have spoke to UC and they said they have done a calcalation of backpay and sent ot off to be checked , how long does this us usually take thankuou
  • poppy123456
    chelss said:
    Hi I have spoke to UC and they said they have done a calcalation of backpay and sent ot off to be checked , how long does this us usually take thankuou

That's anyone's guess, it's like saying "how long is a piece of string" Once payment has been sent it takes 3-5 working days to go into your bank.
  • Emma1968
    I won my pip  got hight rate care  but  got my backpack on 8th  than  3 weeks later  got one month  payment  thought  be 4 weeks from first payment  can anyone  give  me advice 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    edited October 2021
    So you were paid on the 8th and 29th September. What does the letter you would have been sent say about the payment dates and periods covered?
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.