Getting worried now about tribunal — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

Getting worried now about tribunal

ASDIBS
ASDIBS Community member Posts: 72 Courageous
After reading some posts on here I'm now a little worried about the tribunal. Does anyone know what sort of questions are asked, are they just the same as the questions on the PIP form? I am my son's representative so I'm assuming that I will be able to answer on his behalf? At my son's review he got zero points but was initially awarded enhanced care and low rate mobility. We don't have a lot of medical evidence (he also has a bowel condition) as his hospital consultant can only comment on his medical condition and not how he lives with his autism. They do have his old CAMHS reports, diagnosis letter, EHCP etc. He's currently waiting for cognitive behavioural therapy and understandably getting anxious about the whole process.  I've just read a post whereby a boy's mother was told to be quiet during her son's tribunal. I really hope this isn't the case with myself as my son struggles to get across the seriousness of his day to day living. Can anybody offer any advice please. I know I need to read all documents and try to prepare well. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi and welcome 

Are you your sons appointee and registered with PIP as this ?  If so you can speak on his behalf 

If you are his representative he will be expected to speak for himself  ur with you supporting and adding any comments 

The questions will all be around his ability to carry out the tasks against the descriptors and where you think he should have scored more points 

Medical evidence really only shows diagnosis so dont worry too much about that 

Have ready real examples of what happens when he tries to do a task dangerous it safely reliably and repeatedly 

Good luck let us know how you get on 
  • ASDIBS
    @Username_removed thank you. That's very helpful. I'm relatively switched on but now reading that I'm not sure it's the best thing. I can obviously out forward what I think he should be awarded and why but I don't fully know the law. Would a representative be expensive? Also, if there an online directory where I can pick a representative? I think that my details can be changed. Thanks again
  • ASDIBS
    Also, can my son ask me information if he's not sure? During his telephone assessment he needed to ask me what meds he is on, his dosages and when he was diagnosed. However the HCP said that he was able to answer the questions without any input from mother even though the HCP actually asked to speak me when he couldn't answer her question.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.