I was just awarded LCWRA. Am I due any back dated payments? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

I was just awarded LCWRA. Am I due any back dated payments?

2»

Comments

• Ainsley_83
    Ainsley_83 Community member Posts: 22 Connected
    My uc is due on Monday, and the statement was available earlier this week. Looked this morning and they have updated mine and I have got my first lcwra payment too. I thought I would have to also tell my work coach too about lcwra. Will see if she calls me 5th March  :D
  • thatsmyname
    thatsmyname Community member Posts: 52 Connected
    I dont think she will i had one due too but nope..soon as you get that award its like they couldnt wait to get rid lol.glad you got your extra money so quick i did too.it really makes a huge difference doesn't it.plus also you should be due backdate if you have provided sick notes all this time.if you have backpayment due and you have a dwp debt then obviously you may encounter my said problem but like i said its with a decision maker now who knows might come good yet.
  • Ainsley_83
    @thatsmyname I wasn't due any back payment. As my fit note went in on the 24th of September and my assessment period is  9th-8th, We have a 3 month period to wait. But glad you are all sorted too. Yep, it's going to help loads. Been struggling to live with two teenage kids that eat all the time  :D
  • thatsmyname
    Ainsley_83 i hear you lol especially when they are stuck at home they tend to eat for the sake of it sometimes! Boredom eating...we've all done it 
  • Ainsley_83
    So just checked my online banking, as Im due paid on Monday and it credits on a Saturday for me with my bank. I haven't received the lcwra just my normal uc amount I was getting before. Is this because they didn't update my statement till yesterday? How long will I be waiting for it do you think?
  • thatsmyname
    Ainsley_83 that is not right it you should have recieved the amount on your statetment.i would ring them and ask why. But first check your bank statement if you can get one to see what was paid in just in case something has been taken from your bank without you knowing.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    It could be as you said that's it was only updated yesterday the payment may have already been processed 

Like I said before they do overwrite old payments once they add the element on 

Either put a note o  your journal or cal them 
  • Ainsley_83
    I left a note, and someone replied saying they were sending the payment today and I should get it by 8pm tonight. Yeah it was because the payment had already neem processed by the time they updated my statement. I got uc today as my bank shows payments due on a Monday on a Saturday.
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Great hope its all sorted now for you 
  • Ainsley_83
    Me again! So I left a message in my journal today asking how long I have been awarded lcwra. They replied with :Hi Ainsley

It goes from the date your first fit note was from. It doesn't mean after 17 months it automatically stops, it will continue and a further assessment will be arranged if required.

Regards 

I thought it would be 17 months when they awarded me lcwra. Taking it from my first fit note seems strange
  • thatsmyname
    Ainsley_83 mine doesn't  have any timescale on note i got on mine it seems people get differently worded messages.i finally got my backpay today 3,700 yay! 
  • calcotti
    calcotti Community member Posts: 10,010 Disability Gamechanger
    I think this means that you are treated as having LCWRA from when you reported the health condition and provided a Fit Note - which means that, if applicable, you would get a Work Allowance from that date. It doesn’t mean you are entitled to be paid the LCWRA element from that date. For that there is the three month waiting period.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.