Education and learning
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.
Receiving too many notifications? Adjust your notification settings.

EHCP failed - whats next?

GabbyPGabbyP Member Posts: 1 Listener
edited February 27 in Education and learning
Hi My daughter is 17 and has an EHCP for severe anxiety, separation anxiety, social phobia and depression.  The college she attempted to try to attend for A levels agreed to the EHCP but four weeks in had not put any of the provision in place, her mental health took a dive and when I tried to arrange the provision in EHCP at a meeting, was instead told she could no longer continue as she was missing so much from non attendance - although keeping up with the work as course was 50/50 online and attendance due to Covid.  I have email trail backing this up.  Wonder if anyone knows what the next steps I can take are?  Daughter not sure she wants A levels now as nothing has changed in the meantime and she doesn't want to entertain going back to same place in Sept 2021.  
Tagged:

Replies

• ASDIBSASDIBS Member Posts: 37 Connected
    I would contact the L A that provided the EHCP and let them know. I had this problem with my son. He couldn't attend college on a regular basis due to his anxiety related illness. I told the college that I felt they were discriminating against my son and that they needed to make reasonable adjustments. How does your daughter feel? Is she confident enough about the amount of work she has done?
Sign in or join us to comment.