If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

How to appeal PIP

Nicky73Nicky73 Member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi, I received my assessment report today and I didn't get it scoring 6 and 4,what I'm concerned bout is the assessor has scored me no points for needing help getting dressed and with bathing and wrote I had no problem in this area this is a lie I told her these 2 things are what caused me most problems. I'm so stressed with this and as it's not a quick process to begin with I'm now looking at an appeal but I've heard this could take months. This is now having a serious impact on my mental wellbeing 


  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,220 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

    Sorry to hear your report isnt what you expected 

    But from what you say it isnt the decision just the report so you never know you may get more points 

    If not the first to do is put in MR by phone and writing this process can take a while but around 6-8 weeks 

    If that isnt successful then it would be tribunal which can take months but currently they are getting through them quicker due to majority bring phone tribunals 

    Any further questions just ask 
  • woodbinewoodbine Community Co-Production Group Posts: 3,777 Disability Gamechanger
    If the DM sticks with the report then the next step is MR, but please whatever you do don't go on  about lies base you MR on where you think you should have scored points and didn't giving examples about when you tried x and y happened.
    my advice is given freely and is correct to the best of my knowledge.
  • Nicky73Nicky73 Member Posts: 13 Listener
    So even if assessor only scored me low, dwp can award higher points I thought its really rare for them to go against the assessors 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 9,220 Disability Gamechanger

    Yes it is rare but does happen that's the whole reason why it's a dm decision and not the assessor 
Sign in or join us to comment.