How to appeal PIP — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How to appeal PIP

Nicky73
Nicky73 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
Hi, I received my assessment report today and I didn't get it scoring 6 and 4,what I'm concerned bout is the assessor has scored me no points for needing help getting dressed and with bathing and wrote I had no problem in this area this is a lie I told her these 2 things are what caused me most problems. I'm so stressed with this and as it's not a quick process to begin with I'm now looking at an appeal but I've heard this could take months. This is now having a serious impact on my mental wellbeing 

Comments

• janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi there 

Sorry to hear your report isnt what you expected 

But from what you say it isnt the decision just the report so you never know you may get more points 

If not the first to do is put in MR by phone and writing this process can take a while but around 6-8 weeks 

If that isnt successful then it would be tribunal which can take months but currently they are getting through them quicker due to majority bring phone tribunals 

Any further questions just ask 
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,524 Disability Gamechanger
    If the DM sticks with the report then the next step is MR, but please whatever you do don't go on  about lies base you MR on where you think you should have scored points and didn't giving examples about when you tried x and y happened.
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Nicky73
    Nicky73 Community member Posts: 13 Listener
    @janer1967
    So even if assessor only scored me low, dwp can award higher points I thought its really rare for them to go against the assessors 
  • janer1967
    janer1967 Community member Posts: 21,964 Disability Gamechanger
    @Nicky73

Yes it is rare but does happen that's the whole reason why it's a dm decision and not the assessor 

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.