Universal Credit
If this is your first visit, check out the community guide. You will have to Join us or Sign in before you can post.

When will my first LCWRA payment be? How does back dating work?

BanditttBandittt Member Posts: 3 Listener
edited February 14 in Universal Credit
Hi

So I've been going to doctors since November 2019, I first handed in my fit nite on UC on 20th November 2019, I kept handing in fit notes from my doctor until last month, I've pretty much been able to get keep up the fit notes except there's 2  1 month gaps in 2020,that's because my doctor was off and one appointment was cancelled due to coronavirus. After a while of handing in fit notes my work coach sent me the medical form to fill in, I sent it off on 3rd November 2020, and on 11th February 2021 I got a note in my journal to say I've been awarded LCWRA. My universal credit is paid on the 5th of every month, so will my first LCWRA payment be 5th of March or 5th of April or when? Also, how does the back dating work? Will they back date it to my first fit note and not pay me any backdate during the 2 month gap period, or will they backdate it to the fit note I provided after the gap?

Thanks in advance this is confusing. 

Replies

• BanditttBandittt Member Posts: 3 Listener
  • MarkN88MarkN88 Member Posts: 1,281 Pioneering
    I’m sorry your message got missed. I did see it the other day however have no clue regarding LCWRA. Hopefully someone with knowledge will come along and help you. 
  • calcotticalcotti Member Posts: 2,194 Pioneering
    edited February 14
    The LCWRA element is payable for the fourth complete assessment period after a health condition is notified supported by Fit Note.

You are paid on the 5th so your assessment period is one month from the penultimate day of each month.

if you notified on 20th November 2019 then, if DWP have accepted illness from that date, LCWRA would be payable from 5th April 2020 and you will be entitled to arrears.

Whether or not DWP will penalise you for gaps in your Fit Notes I am not sure.

A twelve month wait for the WCA is a long time but that may be a result of the gaps in your Fit Notes.
    Information I post is for England unless otherwise stated. Rules may be different in other parts of UK.
  • BanditttBandittt Member Posts: 3 Listener
    Thank you both for your replies it helped me. Because I've been providing fit notes for a long time, does that mean I will receive my first LCWRA payment on 5th March or will I have to wait until 5th April? Also how long does it take them to pay back dated money?

Thank you 
  • janer1967janer1967 Member Posts: 11,199 Disability Gamechanger
    Hi 

It depends when DWP have decided your claim starts with the gaps in fit notes as to when first payment will be 

If they go back to when you declared condition if it is all sorted you should get it in march payment,  check your statement when it is available 

I would also check old statements as when they sort it they will change old statements too to reflect the extra payment so this will indicate your back pay is being sorted 

It can take a while to get back pay if you dont grt it within 6 weeks I would give them a call 
Sign in or join us to comment.