When will my first LCWRA payment be? How does back dating work? - Page 2 — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

When will my first LCWRA payment be? How does back dating work?

Options
2»

Comments

• Trez_1973
    Trez_1973 Community member Posts: 3 Listener
    Options
    But if I was awarded in March then why have I not received payments from them since then also they said I got paid it in my uc 8th August but wasn't awarded til end of August 
  • poppy123456
    poppy123456 Community member Posts: 54,230 Disability Gamechanger
    Options
    Trez_1973 said:
    But if I was awarded in March then why have I not received payments from them since then also they said I got paid it in my uc 8th August but wasn't awarded til end of August 

As advised here...
    There is a 3 full month assessment period waiting time and payments then start form the 4th month.
    According to the message you posted here from your journal they paid you the 1 month they owed you on 8th September. You will now receive the extra £343 per month in with your usual UC payments.
    I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
    If i see a question that i know the answer to i will try my best to help.
  • danixxx
    danixxx Community member Posts: 128 Connected
    Options
    Hi I declared my health condition soons as I applying for uc 06/08 updated a sick note 03/09 but my form for lcwra was not sent out till October 05/10 
    quick question would my 4 months count from first sick note or from when the form was sent back ? 
  • Jlee
    Jlee Community member Posts: 40 Listener
    Options
    I had the same problem but the money u get its literally nothing 
    And my pip been in since end of April basically living of no money it wouldn't take me much to totally give up 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    danixxx said:
    Hi I declared my health condition soons as I applying for uc 06/08 updated a sick note 03/09 but my form for lcwra was not sent out till October 05/10 
    quick question would my 4 months count from first sick note or from when the form was sent back ? 

Your question has been answered a couple of times on different threads. https://forum.scope.org.uk/discussion/85231/lcwra#latest The waiting period starts from when you reported your health condition.

I would appreciate it if members wouldn't tag me please. I have all notifcations turned off and wouldn't want a member thinking i'm being rude by not replying.
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jlee said:
    I had the same problem but the money u get its literally nothing 
    And my pip been in since end of April basically living of no money it wouldn't take me much to totally give up 

If you've been assessed as having LCWRA then the extra money is £343.63 per month. If the decision is just LCW then there's no extra money, if your claim started after April 2017.
    Unfortunately, PIP backlogs are huge and the estimated timescale is 10 months from starting a claim to having a decision.
  • Jlee
    Options
    Yes I am on LCWRA and get ESA but out that u have to pay 550.00 rent and still have to pay council tax and water and your other commitments 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jlee said:
    Yes I am on LCWRA and get ESA but out that u have to pay 550.00 rent and still have to pay council tax and water and your other commitments 

ESA is a seperate benefit but is deducted in full from any UC entitlement. Does your UC include help with your rent costs? Council tax reduction isn't part of UC and needs to be claimed from your local Council. https://www.gov.uk/apply-council-tax-reduction

• Jlee
    Options
    Yes I know but yes I get council tax reduction and I claim rent but the money I get from uc pays 510.00 to rent my rent is 600 so left with 67.00 to pay council tax water Internet phone bill 
  • Jlee
    Options
    Applied for the warm discount they said I have to much money comeing in haha so I have sent a complaint in 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Jlee said:
    Yes I know but yes I get council tax reduction and I claim rent but the money I get from uc pays 510.00 to rent my rent is 600 so left with 67.00 to pay council tax water Internet phone bill 

But then if you're claiming New style ESA as well, you're paid this every fortnight, which will be £228.20. Your UC statement will give a full breakdown of all the elements. If you're a single person you should be receiving the standard element, LCWRA element and housing element. Then the ESA is deducted in full. Is this what your statements tell you?
    Just checking that UC are paying you all the correct elements. 
    If you have a shortfall of rent because the housing element doesn't cover the whole amount you can apply for a discretionary housing payment from your local Authority. https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments/claiming-discretionary-housing-payments
    If you are under 35 and privately renting then you're only entitled to the shared rate of local housing allowance. (if you're a single person, with no children) If your awarded the daily living part of PIP you will then be entitled to the 1 bedroom rate of LHA.

• Jlee
    Options
    I am a single person with no children all grown up I got refused pip so asked for a mandilatory reconsideration still waiting said got to wait another 4 weeks I live in a private rented 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    If the MR decision doesn't change then i'd advise you to get some expert advice to check that you qualify for PIP before requesting the Tribunal. Start here for this. https://advicelocal.uk/

• Jlee
    Options
    I have ready contacted citizens advice I have got lukemia and bicuspid heart valve disease and scoliosis of the spine
  • Yelserp
    Yelserp Community member Posts: 1 Listener
    Options
    Hi Al,
    I've just received my decision about LCWRA and awarded. 6/11/22. The start date of the first sick note I sent to DWP was 28/04/2022. Is this when my element will start from? Will I receive any backdated money, if there is any, with my UC or will I get that separately? I get my UC 27th of each month.
    Thanks
  • poppy123456
    Options
    Yelserp said:
    Hi Al,
    I've just received my decision about LCWRA and awarded. 6/11/22. The start date of the first sick note I sent to DWP was 28/04/2022. Is this when my element will start from? Will I receive any backdated money, if there is any, with my UC or will I get that separately? I get my UC 27th of each month.
    Thanks

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time and the extra money is paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of this and continued to send them without any gaps until a decision was made on your claim. The LCWRA element is not paid at all during the waiting period.
    Based on the information you gave your waiting period will be May/June, June/July, July/August.. LCWRA starts from assessment period August 21st to September 20th and first payment would be Sept 27th. Therefore they owe you 2 months LCWRA element.
    Money owed will be paid separately to your usually monthly amount and can take a few weeks to pay it.
  • iamlee
    iamlee Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    hi all,

i know this might have been answered but i still find it confusing. sorry for the same questions. 

the question is about when to expect lcrwa and if eligible for any back pay. 
    • 4 april 2023 - fit note received from doctor for 1 month
    • 17 april 2023 - first fit note submitted (at first uc meeting)
    • 18 april 2023 - entitlement to ice approved
    • 5 may 2023 - fit note received from doctor for 3 months (to 6 august)
    • 4 july 2023 lcrwa assessment
    • 17 july 2023 lcrwa approved (ucd81 letter)
    • i am paid monthly uc on 5th of each month

my questions are: 

1. when am i likely to receive lcrwa?
    2. am i entitled to any back pay?
    thanks and i am sorry for repeating a question asked before. i just can't get my head around it. 
  • poppy123456
    Options
    iamlee said:
    hi all,

i know this might have been answered but i still find it confusing. sorry for the same questions. 

my questions are: 

thanks and i am sorry for repeating a question asked before. i just can't get my head around it. 

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The extra money is then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that. The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during that time.

Your waiting period will be April to July.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 30th July to 29th August and first payment will be 5th September. No LCWRA element is owed. 

This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you reported your health condition and you didn't previously have the work allowance you will be owed some money for that.
  • iamlee
    iamlee Community member Posts: 12 Listener
    Options
    iamlee said:
    hi all,

my questions are: 

There's a full 3 month assessment period waiting time. The extra money is then paid from the 4th month after you reported your health condition, providing you sent a fit note within 7 days of that. The LCWRA element isn't paid at all during that time.

Your waiting period will be April to July.. LCWRA starts from assessment period 30th July to 29th August and first payment will be 5th September. No LCWRA element is owed. 

This is assuming you're not claiming UC with a partner that already receives the LCWRA element on your claim.

If you or a partner were receiving earnings since you reported your health condition and you didn't previously have the work allowance you will be owed some money for that.
    thank you very much

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.