Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
How do I explain that I have several chronic conditions that can vary in effect?
So I have my pip tribunal phone call coming up in 8 days time. I have all my paper work ready and I've prepared as best as I can but not sure how to explain my illnesses. I have several chronic conditions that affect my everyday life but they are variable. I can have a good week - though even on a good week I'm never pain or fatigue free it just lessens a bit - then have 2 or more weeks of being exhausted, in serious pain and practically bed bound and unable to leave the house. How do i explain how the conditions can vary from managing a little exersise with no help to being house bound and needing a walking stick around the house? Has anyone had a successful tribunal with a similar illness?
- 52.9K All Categories
- 10.4K Start here and say hello!
- 4.8K Coffee lounge
- 4K Disability rights and campaigning
- 1.5K Research and opportunities to get involved in
- 149 Community updates
- 12K Talk about your situation
- 1.7K Children, parents, and families
- 756 Work and employment
- 575 Education
- 1.1K Housing, transport, and independent living
- 1K Aids, adaptations, and equipment
- 277 Dating, sex, and relationships
- 263 Exercise and accessible facilities
- 21.2K Talk about money
- 2.1K Benefits and financial support
- 4.4K Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- 12.3K PIP, DLA, and AA
- 2.4K Universal Credit (UC)
- 4K Talk about your impairment
- 1.3K Cerebral palsy
- 674 Chronic pain and pain management
- 700 Rare, invisible, and undiagnosed conditions
- 751 Autism and neurodiversity
- 928 Mental health and wellbeing
- 298 Sensory impairments
Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.
Do you need advice on your energy costs?
Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.