How do I explain that I have several chronic conditions that can vary in effect? — Scope | Disability forum
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

How do I explain that I have several chronic conditions that can vary in effect?

TEACUPTERRIER
TEACUPTERRIER Community member Posts: 44 Connected
edited February 2021 in PIP, DLA, and AA
So  I have my pip tribunal phone call coming up in 8 days time. I have all my paper work ready and I've prepared as best as I can but not sure how to explain my illnesses. I have several chronic conditions that affect my everyday life but they are variable. I can have a good week - though even on a good week I'm never pain or fatigue free it just lessens a bit - then have 2 or more weeks of being exhausted, in serious pain and practically bed bound and unable to leave the house. How do i explain how the conditions can vary from managing a little exersise with no help to being house bound and needing a walking stick around the house? Has anyone had a successful tribunal with a similar illness? 

Comments

Brightness

Do you need advice on your energy costs?

Scope’s Disability Energy Support service is open to any disabled household in England or Wales in which one or more disabled people live. You can get free advice from an expert adviser on managing energy debt, switching tariffs, contacting your supplier and more. Find out more information by visiting our
Disability Energy Support webpage.