What on earth? Why would I only be sent a video link to the appointment just before the start time? — Scope | Disability forum
If we become concerned about you or anyone else while using one of our services, we will act in line with our safeguarding policy and procedures. This may involve sharing this information with relevant authorities to ensure we comply with our policies and legal obligations.

Find out how to let us know if you're concerned about another member's safety.
Please read our updated community house rules and community guidelines.

What on earth? Why would I only be sent a video link to the appointment just before the start time?

ThankGod
ThankGod Community member Posts: 26 Connected
edited February 2021 in Mental health and wellbeing
So I have an assessment with a psychiatrist at 10.30 am this morning.  This is a new person/department I have never spoken to before.  They just keep being vague about how the assessment will take place.  When I was given the appointment date back in January the person said I'd be emailed a link for some kind of video chat.  I called them yesterday to let them know I've received no such email.  The person said "Wait until tomorrow.  The link to the session will be emailed out to you then."  Nothing has come through.  The appointment is in 27 minutes.  I just called them again to tell them I've received no email and the person said: "Well it's not 10.30am yet.  You will probably receive the email link just at the time the session starts."
What kind of BS is this?  It's really adding to my anxiety.
Why would they only be able to email out the link as the session starts?  How can I even attend the session if I don't have the details to access it?

Comments

• Tori_Scope
    Tori_Scope Scope Posts: 12,488 Disability Gamechanger
    edited February 2021
    I'm sorry we didn't catch this yesterday @ThankGod. Did you send you the video link in the end? 

I can imagine that it would have been anxiety-inducing not to be sent the link until the last minute, and I'm not sure why they wouldn't have set it up earlier, unless they were worried about you starting a call before the start time perhaps? Do you mind me asking what service they're using to host the call? 
    National Campaigns Officer, she/her

Join our call for an equal future.
  • woodbine
    woodbine Community member Posts: 11,519 Disability Gamechanger
    @ThankGod so how did it got? did you do a video link?
    2024 The year of the general election...the time for change is coming 💡

• Lisatho11987777
    Lisatho11987777 Scope Member Posts: 5,911 Disability Gamechanger
    @Tori_Scope from my experience  of using zoom with job support  the link is only sent when the appointment is due to start 

Job support send me a link to open thst says to join the meeting and I click on it  to join the meeting 

If that's  any help 
  • OverlyAnxious
    OverlyAnxious Community member Posts: 2,586 Disability Gamechanger
    I've been using a Zoom meeting regularly over the last few months.  In this case the link gets sent the minute I sign up...which can be up to a month in advance!  On the day I then have to try and find the correct link scrolling back through weeks of emails.  If I search for the email it brings up all the near-identical emails from every other sign up as well.  Sending the link shortly before it's going to be used seems like a better option!
  • cupcake88
    cupcake88 Posts: 1,273 Pioneering
    Hi there my mental health team either call me or come out and see me but my medication review with the pychiatrist was done over the phone . 

How did it go ? 

Brightness

Complete our feedback form and tell us how we can make the community better.